Magnipic adware is supposed to be a useful program when surfing the web. However, security experts have dubbed this as an adware due to some ads it may project when it is installed on the computer. Magnipic is also utilizing adware or similar scripts to spread the program into computers worldwide. It is by chance that you may obtain this adware when downloading free software. Developers of Magnipic have ties with adware makers to bundle the installation files with freeware.
As you may know, freeware or shareware are spread not only on unknown sites. Even reputable sites are hosting this kind of program on their specific servers. Downloading and installing these programs also inserts Magnipic adware into the browser without your approval. It is injected into the browser as add-on for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, while extension on Google Chrome. In that case, it is vital to take extra caution when installing downloaded programs. As much as possible, exclude any other recommended software during the installation process. You’ll never know, one of the suggested apps could be Magnipic or similar adware.
You should remove Magnipic if you find it bothersome. To some, this adware helps in some ways. Without their idea, adware are capable of collecting data from the computer and sent to remote server that will be use to plan their marketing scheme.
Online Security Scanner Report for Magnipic.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept 6, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept 6, 2013|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Sept 6, 2013|
How to Remove Magnipic
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Magnipic and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for Magnipic’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Magnipic. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Magnipic entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Magnipic have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.