Magic Viewer pop-ups and redirects are simply intrusive advertisements that aim to promote the said application in an unusual way. This is not the only program that utilizes this kind of online marketing technique and so far, we have manage to pinpoint that intrusive ads are normally a product of aggressive websites such as Soonersupor.pro, Wallationety.pro, Traffic-media.co, and so on. So, if you happen to pay a visit on one of these sites and similar pages, chances are, you will bump into Magic Viewer pop-up.
The pop-up ads by Magic Viewer is deemed by some computer users are virus infection. Technically, the program itself and the process of exhibiting such ads are not in any way connected to computer virus activity. Though, the persistent pop-ups of Magic Viewer may be linked to presence of adware on the browser that initiates the constant display of advertisements. There maybe a an unwanted browser helper object or script that triggers this disturbance.
While Magic Viewer is not a harmful program, adware that is responsible for the unrelenting pop-ups may cause issues if not removed immediately. Its constant redirection to various web pages may cause adware or malware infection if browser program is rerouted to malicious sites that were published for the specific purpose of infecting web visitor’s computer.
Unnecessary display of advertisements are always linked to adware infection, therefore, if similar instance was observed on the computer, it is highly suggested to immediately scan the system with trusted anti-virus and anti-malware tools. For complete guide to stop the annoying Magic Viewer pop-ups, please execute the systematic guide on this page.
Steps to remove Magic Viewer pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Magic Viewer. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Magic Viewer are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Magic Viewer pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Magic Viewer from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Magic Viewer from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Magic Viewer.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Magic Viewer list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Magic Viewer from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Magic Viewer on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Magic Viewer entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Magic Viewer pop-up is gone.
Remove Magic Viewer from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Magic Viewer.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Magic Viewer pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Magic Viewer on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Magic Viewer from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Magic Viewer pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Magic Viewer from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Magic Viewer automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Magic Viewer that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Magic Viewer.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Magic Viewer and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Magic Viewer on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Magic Viewer.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Magic Viewer.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Magic Viewer from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Magic Viewer. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Magic Viewer.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Magic Viewer.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Magic Viewer is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.