Magic Viewer pop-ups and redirects are simply intrusive advertisements that aim to promote the said application in an unusual way. This is not the only program that utilizes this kind of online marketing technique and so far, we have manage to pinpoint that intrusive ads are normally a product of aggressive websites such as Soonersupor.pro, Wallationety.pro, Traffic-media.co, and so on. So, if you happen to pay a visit on one of these sites and similar pages, chances are, you will bump into Magic Viewer pop-up.
The pop-up ads by Magic Viewer is deemed by some computer users are virus infection. Technically, the program itself and the process of exhibiting such ads are not in any way connected to computer virus activity. Though, the persistent pop-ups of Magic Viewer may be linked to presence of adware on the browser that initiates the constant display of advertisements. There maybe a an unwanted browser helper object or script that triggers this disturbance.
While Magic Viewer is not a harmful program, adware that is responsible for the unrelenting pop-ups may cause issues if not removed immediately. Its constant redirection to various web pages may cause adware or malware infection if browser program is rerouted to malicious sites that were published for the specific purpose of infecting web visitor’s computer.
Unnecessary display of advertisements are always linked to adware infection, therefore, if similar instance was observed on the computer, it is highly suggested to immediately scan the system with trusted anti-virus and anti-malware tools. For complete guide to stop the annoying Magic Viewer pop-ups, please execute the systematic guide on this page.
Procedures to Remove Magic Viewer from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Magic Viewer. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Magic Viewer.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Magic Viewer
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Magic Viewer or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Magic Viewer.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Magic Viewer is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Magic Viewer Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Magic Viewer during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Magic Viewer.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Magic Viewer or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Magic Viewer Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Magic Viewer is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Magic Viewer pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Magic Viewer.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Magic Viewer. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Magic Viewer or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Magic Viewer.