Magic PC Cleaner claims to be a PC performance optimization software but after diagnostics, we noticed that it belongs to a group of Potentially Unwanted Program. Aside from that, the program is also linked to a variety of adware that was used to deploy a copy of Magic PC Cleaner and have it installed on the computer without user’s full knowledge.
Free games, media players, download manager, and utilities are just some carriers of Magic PC Cleaner. Therefore, it is vital to stay away from such freeware. Instead, download and install software that are reputable and those that are being serve on trusted websites.
In the event that dubious free software was downloaded and executed, the process will not only load the main program. Magic PC Cleaner and other unwanted applications may also take place on the computer without a notice. The progression is discrete and it can even evade detection from some security software.
Once Magic PC Cleaner is installed, it immediately runs a scan on the computer. It will send catchy messages and warnings to get users attention. Things like system issues, browser errors, and performance concern are just some factors that will be raise by Magic PC Cleaner in order to convince user into purchasing the full version of the program.
It is a common scheme by rogue software to scan and detect false issues. It will only allow user to fix the problems after purchasing the registration key and program has activated. Thus, every attempt of user to repair the computer using this program will redirect them to a merchant webpage prompting for payment to activate Magic PC Cleaner.
Instead of being a victim to this unwanted application, we recommend that you remove Magic PC Cleaner from the computer as soon as you can. Below are simple guide and tools to help you eliminate this threat.
Magic PC Cleaner Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Magic PC Cleaner through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Magic PC Cleaner, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Magic PC Cleaner rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Magic PC Cleaner
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Magic PC Cleaner and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Magic PC Cleaner from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Magic PC Cleaner from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Magic PC Cleaner unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Magic PC Cleaner and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Magic PC Cleaner using Anti-malware Program
To remove Magic PC Cleaner automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Magic PC Cleaner that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Magic PC Cleaner.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.