Macube Cleaner is advertised as Mac OS optimization tool that works well in protecting privacy, smart scanning, and deleting junk files. Hence, most computer users who have this program on their computer are not satisfied with its performance. According to them, Macube Cleaner applies forcible entry via third-party application that was obtained from questionable website. Clearly, web users who are careless in downloading freeware are easy target for this type of malware.
Macube Cleaner is a PUP
Coming from the family of rogue applications, Macube Cleaner is just a remake of previous counterfeit optimizer and cleaner tools as MacCleanBooster, MacMaster, and many more similar potentially unwanted program (PUP). All of these threats are causing annoyances due to constant display of pop-up alerts and notifications about system errors. Then, it advises users to deal with it urgently at a cost of Macube Cleaner registration key that can be purchase from predefined online payment processor.
System errors and scan results produces by Macube Cleaner are just falsified information. It will provide the same amount of alarming details even on clean Mac OS devices. This misleading technique is common for every single rogue tool and is the main medium to convince victims that purchasing the full version of Macube Cleaner is necessary.
To sum up, Macube Cleaner was replicated from previous versions initially to swindle money from victims by masquerading as Windows utility tool that improves system performance, remove junk files, boost memory, and fixes broken registry. However, its performance once installed on the computer is a total contradiction. It diminishes system performance due to excessive usage of resources and unnecessary scan activities. Therefore, we highly recommend immediate removal of Macube Cleaner to avoid further troubles. Complete guide to eliminate the threat is outlined below.
Procedures to Remove Macube Cleaner
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac computer.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Macube Cleaner. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Macube Cleaner.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Macube Cleaner rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Macube Cleaner Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Macube Cleaner window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Macube Cleaner. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Macube Cleaner. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Macube Cleaner Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Macube Cleaner during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Macube Cleaner.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Macube Cleaner from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Macube Cleaner Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Macube Cleaner Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Macube Cleaner or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Macube Cleaner to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Macube Cleaner
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Macube Cleaner to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Macube Cleaner.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Macube Cleaner is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.