MacItHappen is considered as potentially unwanted program (PUP). Many computer users deemed it as annoying browser add-on that affects Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. MacItHappen enters PC and Mac systems unknown to user. It comes uninvited with a program you have intentionally downloaded. To be able to trick users into installing this adware, it is typically packed to freeware or shareware apps. However, the adware has many other ways to spread the malicious code. MacItHappen may use other ways like spreading links to social media sites and spam emails.
Generally, victims who have acquired MacItHappen are those careless Internet users. The only difference with this adware is it mainly focuses on Mac users. However, they are not the only one need to be aware of MacItHappen, because the adware also affects PC users as well.
If MacItHappen adware has entered the computer, instantly you will notice changes on the browser. There are strange things happening while you surf online shopping sites. MacItHappen ads will appear containing a number of coupons that are relevant to your interest. Clicking on this number will expand the offer showing various links, coupons, discounts, and savings for a related product.
It appears that MacItHappen is worthy of being on the browser saving you time looking for online discounts. However, it is reported that adware authors are utilizing this service to direct web browsers to risky web sites. This leads to infection of adware once site is visited.
Online Security Scanner Report for macithappen.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 16, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 16, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Oct. 16, 2014|
PProcedures to Remove MacItHappen Adware from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
QuickFix: Instant Removal
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP’s. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser adware that causes annoyances. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on “Start Combo Scan“.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to MacItHappen
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the procedure depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located MacItHappen, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed MacItHappen
1. Navigate to the location given below and move the item to the Trash.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the MacItHappen to be present on your Mac.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including MacItHappen.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, MacItHappen is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean