MacFest is categorically an adware that is referred by many computer users as pesky and annoying add-on. First and foremost, this program will get inside PC and Mac systems unknown to user. It comes uninvited with a program you have intentionally downloaded. In other terms, bundling MacFest adware to free program is the trick being used by adware authors. Although, the adware doesn’t live by this technique alone as it may use other ways like spreading links to social media sites and spam emails.
Most of the victims that have acquired MacFest are those careless Internet users. The only difference is this adware focuses more of Mac users. However, they are not the only one need to be aware of MacFest, because the adware also affects PC users as well.
If MacFest adware has entered the computer, instantly you will notice changes on the browser. There are strange things happening while you surf online video sites. MacFest ads will appear containing various offers.
It appears that MacFest is worthy of being on for faster video streaming. However, it is reported that adware authors are utilizing this service to direct web browsers to risky web sites. This leads to infection of adware once site is visited.
Online Security Scanner Report for macfest.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: April 08, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: April 08, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: April 08, 2016|
Procedures to Remove MacFest Adware from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
QuickFix: Instant Removal
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP’s. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser adware that causes annoyances. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on “Start Combo Scan“.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to MacFest
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the procedure depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located MacFest, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed MacFest
1. Navigate to the location given below and move the item to the Trash.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the MacFest to be present on your Mac.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including MacFest.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, MacFest is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.