Mac Tweaker is presently promoted as Macintosh computer tool with promising functions such as disk cleanup, file manager, app manager, and duplicate remover. Due to this staging, some users believe that it is a worthy costless tool to have until such time that Mac Tweaker demands payment before it fixes any troubles on the system.
In order for Mac Tweaker to trick people even more, it will post numerous problems that severely affect performance of the computer. According to fake alerts, the system’s productivity is in collision with junk files, redundant objects, crowded cache, and rogue applications. Mac Tweaker claims that this garbage occupies many areas of the hard drive, which hastily reducing the processing speed and often results to system crashes. The amount of these false reported items is blatant, rising to over thousands during its first diagnostic.
Distribution of Mac Tweaker is using an unusual practice not seen on most valid Macintosh applications. Nearly all victims have acquired this unwanted program when downloading and installing freeware or shareware that questionable websites keeps on promoting. In most occasions, users are not aware on the forcible installation of Mac Tweaker when setting up the downloaded freeware. It may prompt about this added applet on the setup wizard but was made deliberately unnoticed.
When fully installed, Mac Tweaker will run a scan even without intervention from user. Until such diagnostic have emerge, victims are ignorant on the presence of the rogue program. Obviously, Mac Tweaker is aiming to generate profit by deceiving user and induce them to pay for the registered version. Instead of being a victim to this fraudulent tool, it is best to remove it from the computer as soon as you can. On this page are simple yet effective ways to completely get rid of Mac Tweaker.
Online Security Scanner Report for mactweaker.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: April 16, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: April 16, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: April 16, 2017|
Procedures to Remove Mac Tweaker
Below is a simple procedure to help you get rid of Mac Tweaker from Macintosh system. It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1: Quit Mac Tweaker Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Mac Tweaker window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Mac Tweaker. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Mac Tweaker. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac Tweaker
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Mac Tweaker to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most recent ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step2, number 4. Drag them to the Trash.
10. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
11. Lastly, please Empty your Mac’s Trash bin.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac Tweaker.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac Tweaker is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.
Step 4: Delete Mac Tweaker Process Login Account
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This may not be necessary, but if in case you want to delete this unwanted entry, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select the user account related to Mac Tweaker.
5. To delete Mac Tweaker account, click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.