Mac Space Reviver is a questionable system tool made especially for Macintosh systems. It can be installed on the computer even without user’s consent. Maker of this rogue software usually bundled this application to a number of freeware and shareware currently spreading over the web. Browser redirects is also used to drive user into promotional website that entices them to install Mac Space Reviver. Said website will impose various deceiving tricks in convincing visitors to download and install the application.
Once executed on the machine, Mac Space Reviver may run a scan from time-to-time. In order for this program to ploy user into buying the paid version, it will send alerts about certain issues found on the computer. This illusory scheme is commonly used by rogue software to gain profit by selling worthless application.
Generally, Mac Space Reviver is promoted as Mac utility program with useful functions such as eliminates file redundancy, recovers drive space, organized scattered files, clean external drives, and many more. It appears to be a prominent tool but it is alarming to know that it is affiliated to some PUP’s and Adware, which it uses as a way to spread copy of the program.
As of now, makers of Mac Space Reviver is promoted and sold without any valid evidence of its effectiveness in optimizing the computer. In fact, there are various copies of this adware that shares the same scheme. Thus, it is still unsafe to trust the computer in the care of Mac Space Reviver.
If you find it hard to remove Mac Space Reviver from your device, you can just execute the guide on this page. This complete procedure will help you get rid of this rogue software easily.
Procedures to Remove Mac Space Reviver
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac computer.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Mac Space Reviver. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Mac Space Reviver.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Mac Space Reviver rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Mac Space Reviver Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Mac Space Reviver window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Mac Space Reviver. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Mac Space Reviver. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Mac Space Reviver Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Mac Space Reviver during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Mac Space Reviver.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Mac Space Reviver from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Mac Space Reviver Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Mac Space Reviver Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Mac Space Reviver or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Mac Space Reviver to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac Space Reviver
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Mac Space Reviver to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac Space Reviver.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac Space Reviver is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.