Mac Optimizer is presently promoted as Macintosh computer tool with promising functions such as disk cleanup, file manager, app manager, and duplicate remover. Due to this staging, some users believe that it is a worthy costless tool to have until such time that Mac Optimizer demands payment before it fixes any troubles on the system.
In order for Mac Optimizer to trick people even more, it will post numerous problems that severely affect performance of the computer. According to fake alerts, the system’s productivity is in collision with junk files, redundant objects, crowded cache, and rogue applications. Mac Optimizer claims that this garbage occupies many areas of the hard drive, which hastily reducing the processing speed and often results to system crashes. The amount of these false reported items is blatant, rising to over thousands during its first diagnostic.
Distribution of Mac Optimizer is using an unusual practice not seen on most valid Macintosh applications. Nearly all victims have acquired this unwanted program when downloading and installing freeware or shareware that questionable websites keeps on promoting. In most occasions, users are not aware on the forcible installation of Mac Optimizer when setting up the downloaded freeware. It may prompt about this added applet on the setup wizard but was made deliberately unnoticed.
When fully installed, Mac Optimizer will run a scan even without intervention from user. Until such diagnostic have emerge, victims are ignorant on the presence of the rogue program. Obviously, Mac Optimizer is aiming to generate profit by deceiving user and induce them to pay for the registered version. Instead of being a victim to this fraudulent tool, it is best to remove it from the computer as soon as you can. On this page are simple yet effective ways to completely get rid of Mac Optimizer.
Online Security Scanner Report for optimizeyourmac.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 29, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 29, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Aug. 29, 2018|
Procedures to Remove Mac Optimizer
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Mac Optimizer. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Mac Optimizer.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit Mac Optimizer Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Mac Optimizer window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Mac Optimizer. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Mac Optimizer. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Mac Optimizer Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Mac Optimizer during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Mac Optimizer.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Mac Optimizer from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac Optimizer
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Mac Optimizer to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac Optimizer.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac Optimizer is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.