Mac Fixer Pro is deemed as rogue security and optimizer application for Mac OS. Computer security experts perceived it this way because there is a noticeable forcible intrusion in order to install the program on the computer even without user’s permission. Normally, Mac Fixer Pro spreads over the internet through software bundles that Mac users may obtain from a number of suspicious websites. Aside from the said specific tool, other variants like Qbit Mac Cleaner, Mac Entizer, and Advanced Mac Booster may similarly acquire from the same locations.
Another means of cyber crooks to deploy Mac Fixer Pro is through fake online scanner page where it detects numerous issues on visitor’s computer. Subsequently, the page will advise visitors to download Mac Fixer Pro claiming that this tool is the complete solution to fix identified troubles. Some users who have encountered this misleading tactics before may just cease the window, knowing that it is just promoting a rogue tool. Hence, most Mac users who are innocent on this fraudulent technique by rogue authors can be easily convinced with the scare tactics. Therefore, they often falls victims to bogus application like Mac Fixer Pro.
When downloaded and installed on the computer, the tool performs similar deceitful campaign on the computer. This time, the number of problems it may declare may double than that of previous online scan. It only shows that Mac Fixer Pro intensifies the effort on selling the paid version of the program. In addition, users may experience frequent pop-up alerts and warning messages affirming the same kind of storage, system, and rogue application issues. Bear in mind that these announcements and simulated scans by Mac Fixer Pro is part of an attempt to lure victims into paying for the licensed version of the tool.
The real solution on this problem is complete removal of Mac Fixer Pro. So far, this is the only thing that needs to get rid of in order to restore Mac system to its previous normal working condition. We are providing complete guide as well as efficient virus and malware scanners to ensure that no more codes of Mac Fixer Pro will be left on Mac computer.
Procedures to Remove Mac Fixer Pro
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Mac Fixer Pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Mac Fixer Pro.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Mac Fixer Pro rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit Mac Fixer Pro Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Mac Fixer Pro window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Mac Fixer Pro. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Mac Fixer Pro. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Mac Fixer Pro Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Mac Fixer Pro during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Mac Fixer Pro.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Mac Fixer Pro from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Mac Fixer Pro Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 4: Delete Mac Fixer Pro Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Mac Fixer Pro or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Mac Fixer Pro to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 5 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac Fixer Pro
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Mac Fixer Pro to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 6 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac Fixer Pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac Fixer Pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.