Scan results from Mac Entizer are considered false because during diagnostics by security experts, they found that not all detected problems by this program do really exists. It was also discovered that this bogus application is detecting dozens of threats even on untainted Mac computer. Therefore, full scan that is initiated by Mac Entizer are just to simulate what legitimate security and optimization tool carries out when checking the computer.
Apart from deceitful tactics to encourage users to purchase the full version of the program, the entry of Mac Entizer to the target computer is dodgy. Makers of this application are employing software bundling scheme to infiltrate Mac computer when user installs an associated freeware. Though, not all software bundles inflicts the same invasive actions of loading unwanted programs onto the computer. Intrusive type maybe just a fraction and they are normally downloaded from not so well trusted sites.
As alternative distribution channel, authors of Mac Entizer likewise leans on malicious advertising method to aggressively sway victims to download and install the rogue application. During this event, the ad page was designed to appear like legitimate scanner window and quickly detects various glitches on web users Mac computer. As standard procedure on this type of campaign, the page prompts user to download Mac Entizer stating that by doing so, eliminating identified issues will be much simpler.
Keep in mind that Mac Entizer is a rogue security and optimization program that arises from malware group where Quick Mac Care and Smart Mac Tuneup also belongs. It runs a scan and detects errors just like common and legitimate enhancement tool. However, the scan from Mac Entizer is just mock up to make it appear that system needs immediate fixing. Via this deceptive tactics, cyber crooks are hoping to gain profit if user agrees to pay for the commercial version of Mac Entizer in order to resolve computer issues.
Procedures to Remove Mac Entizer
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Mac Entizer. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Mac Entizer.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Mac Entizer rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Mac Entizer Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Mac Entizer window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Mac Entizer. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Mac Entizer. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Mac Entizer Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Mac Entizer during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Mac Entizer.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Mac Entizer from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Mac Entizer Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Mac Entizer Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Mac Entizer or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Mac Entizer to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac Entizer
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Mac Entizer to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac Entizer.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac Entizer is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.