Mac Desktop Clock is categorically an adware that is referred by many computer users as pesky and annoying program. First and foremost, this program will get inside Mac systems unknown to many user. It comes uninvited with a program you have intentionally downloaded. In other terms, bundling Mac Desktop Clock adware to free program is the trick being used by adware authors. Although, the adware doesn’t live by this technique alone as it may use other ways like spreading links to social media sites and spam emails.
Most of the victims that have acquired Mac Desktop Clock are those careless Internet users. The only difference is this adware focuses more on Mac users. However, they are not the only one need to be aware of Mac Desktop Clock, because the adware also affects PC users as well.
If Mac Desktop Clock adware has entered the computer, instantly you will notice changes on the desktop. There are also strange things happening while you surf the Internet. Mac Desktop Clock ads may appear containing banners and promotional links.
It appears that Mac Desktop Clock is worthy of being on the computer providing clocks similar to TV stations. However, it is reported that adware authors are utilizing this service to serve advertisements which in return will provide them profits.
Online Security Scanner Report for getmacdesktopclock.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: March. 28, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: March. 28, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: March. 28, 2016|
Procedures to Remove Mac Desktop Clock Adware from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix : Instant Removal
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP’s. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser adware that causes annoyances. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on “Start Combo Scan“.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Mac Desktop Clock
Adware and malware normally adds extension to the browser that may result to various unwanted redirects and pop-ups. We need to find and delete this add-on.
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the procedure depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Mac Desktop Clock, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac Desktop Clock
1. Navigate to the location given below and move the item to the Trash.
/Applications/Mac Desktop Clock.app
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Mac Desktop Clock to be present on your Mac.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac Desktop Clock.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac Desktop Clock is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.