Mabouia Ransomware is a dangerous ransomware which was made to lock your computer and deny access to your own files. Just like other ransomware, this new threat will encrypt certain files on the computer and demand payment before you can regain access. However, it seems that Mabouia Ransomware demands higher than other ransomware. It demands user to pay for a decryption code via provided web address.
Normally, Mabouia Ransomware virus attacks a computer with the help of another malware, trojan, or virus. It find flaws on the system which it will utilized as an entry point so that the process is hidden to most antivirus programs. In fact, once Mabouia Ransomware is inside Mac OS, it instantly disables any security function running on the target computer. It may also add malicious files like Mabouia_Decrypter.
The lock window contains the following messages written in German:
Mabouia Ransomware looks for important files like documents, spreadsheet, images, music, and videos. Two new documents is then added which gives instructions to users on how to decrypt affected files. In addition, Mabouia Ransomware blocks access to certain web sites especially security pages where you can download tools and utilities that are useful in cleaning Mac OS from threats.
System Restore of Windows may help in resolving issues with viruses and malware. However, it will not settle problems with encrypted files. If your computer is running on Windows Vista/7 or later, perhaps ‘Previous Versions’ may help restore files from backup.
How to Remove Mabouia Ransomware From Mac OSX
QuickFix: Instant Removal
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP’s. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser adware that causes annoyances. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on “Start Combo Scan“.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Stage 1 : Scan with Bitdefender Virus Scanner
1. Download Free version of Bitdefender Virus Scanner from Mac App Store.
2. Once downloaded install the program.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer to locate Mabouia files. The tool may also prompt you to download additional virus removal tool to complete the task.
Step 2: Scan the System with Malware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mabouia.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mabouia is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.