lyyapps.com is a malicious web site that forces visitors to download and install what supposed to be an Adobe Flash Player update. This is very similar to other web sites that mislead victims into obtaining fake updates that when installed will inject adware into the computer. You must be very cautious when acquiring software update and avoid lyyapps.com at all cost. To be safe, download only from the official web site.
When lyyapps.com is executed, it will drop adware into the system that can lead to certain annoyances. In most instances, ad-driven programs are installed on the browser in the presence of add-on or extension. It can display various pop-up ads and redirect your browser to various web pages. Malicious codes from lyyapps.com can also install unwanted toolbar into the computer which shares the same purpose of promoting programs, web sites, and online services.
Normally, users are redirected to lyyapps.com coming from other web sites or pages that offers online video. The trick is, the site will not allow you to watch the video unless you have installed the required program. Links to lyyapps.com may also be offered by spam email messages or social media sites. It can disguise itself as referral from trusted contacts to easily delude victims. The message that will appear during initial visit to this harmful site states:
“The page at lyyapps.com says:
WARNING! Please Update Flash Player to Continue.”
Online Security Scanner Report for lyyapps.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 1, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 1, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 1, 2014|
lyyapps.com Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to lyyapps.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove lyyapps.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted lyyapps.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of lyyapps.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with lyyapps.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to lyyapps.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. lyyapps.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by lyyapps.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.