When you start to see ‘LyricsSpeaker’ or ‘Ads by LyricsSpeaker’ when browsing Youtube web site, it only means that adware or potentially unwanted program may be present on the computer. Installed browser add-on is the main cause of LyricsSpeaker appearance. You may have not installed the program but we assure you that you have a participation in the installation of program that may have dropped LyricsSpeaker adware into the computer.
For several years, it has been a way of adware authors to bundle their products to shareware that are offered on some web sites. Anyone can download the program without a cost. However, the consequence of acquiring freeware is the possibility of advertising other programs onto user’s computer. In the case of LyricsSpeaker, you may have downloaded and installed fake software update, video player, or free tools that are packed with adware. This is online business and you can do nothing about it neither you can foresee if the program you are downloading is clean or compromised. To be safe, stay away from unknown software. If possible, use only legitimate programs from known developers.
With the presence of LyricsSpeaker, you will not only experience annoyances when surfing the web. Your credential is also at risks for having this adware on the computer. It can record your online activities and gather sensitive data from the PC.
How to Remove LyricsSpeaker Ads
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to LyricsSpeaker. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove LyricsSpeaker Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted LyricsSpeaker from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of LyricsSpeaker on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with LyricsSpeaker. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to LyricsSpeaker.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. LyricsSpeaker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by LyricsSpeaker and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.