To rapidly spread malicious software, malware makers’ devices a way to deceive web users through malicious advertising campaign that redirects to homepage of promoted application. One example is Lp.speedymacpro.xyz. It is obvious that the site is promoting rogue security and optimization tool for Mac named Smart Mac Booster. Aside from promotional objective, Lp.speedymacpro.xyz may also function as online scanner that emulates system scans and produce bogus results.
Please note that system issues identified on Lp.speedymacpro.xyz online scans are purely imaginative and in fact, none of the detected issues do exists on Mac computer. However, most Mac users fail to recognize this misleading technique due to flawless graphical design that mimics local scanning process. As a result, user falls into the trick and proceed with the download and installation of endorsed product. Unknown to them, this ploy by Lp.speedymacpro.xyz may cause great danger on the infected computer.
Fake optimizer tool downloaded from Lp.speedymacpro.xyz will carry out the same misleading tactics. However, this time, it imposes that user must fix detected issues by paying for the full version of promoted application. To further convince victims, the fake tool continually issues fake warnings and alerts stating the same troubles that requires urgent repair.
Bear in mind that Mac security and optimization tool marketed on Lp.speedymacpro.xyz is considered rogue. Its findings and diagnostics are falsified; therefore, fixing the errors using the same tool is ill-advised. The real solution is to remove the rogue tool and stop the pop-up from Lp.speedymacpro.xyz by scanning the computer with valid anti-malware tool. Complete steps to accomplish this task are provided on this page.
Procedures to Remove Lp.speedymacpro.xyz from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Lp.speedymacpro.xyz. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Lp.speedymacpro.xyz.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Lp.speedymacpro.xyz
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Lp.speedymacpro.xyz or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Lp.speedymacpro.xyz.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Lp.speedymacpro.xyz is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Lp.speedymacpro.xyz Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Lp.speedymacpro.xyz during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Lp.speedymacpro.xyz.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Lp.speedymacpro.xyz or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Lp.speedymacpro.xyz. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Lp.speedymacpro.xyz or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Lp.speedymacpro.xyz.