To rapidly spread malicious software, malware makers’ devices a way to deceive web users through malicious advertising campaign that redirects to homepage of promoted application. One example is Lp.speedymacpro.xyz. It is obvious that the site is promoting rogue security and optimization tool for Mac named Smart Mac Booster. Aside from promotional objective, Lp.speedymacpro.xyz may also function as online scanner that emulates system scans and produce bogus results.
Please note that system issues identified on Lp.speedymacpro.xyz online scans are purely imaginative and in fact, none of the detected issues do exists on Mac computer. However, most Mac users fail to recognize this misleading technique due to flawless graphical design that mimics local scanning process. As a result, user falls into the trick and proceed with the download and installation of endorsed product. Unknown to them, this ploy by Lp.speedymacpro.xyz may cause great danger on the infected computer.
Fake optimizer tool downloaded from Lp.speedymacpro.xyz will carry out the same misleading tactics. However, this time, it imposes that user must fix detected issues by paying for the full version of promoted application. To further convince victims, the fake tool continually issues fake warnings and alerts stating the same troubles that requires urgent repair.
Bear in mind that Mac security and optimization tool marketed on Lp.speedymacpro.xyz is considered rogue. Its findings and diagnostics are falsified; therefore, fixing the errors using the same tool is ill-advised. The real solution is to remove the rogue tool and stop the pop-up from Lp.speedymacpro.xyz by scanning the computer with valid anti-malware tool. Complete steps to accomplish this task are provided on this page.
Procedures to Remove Lp.speedymacpro.xyz from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Lp.speedymacpro.xyz. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Lp.speedymacpro.xyz.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Lp.speedymacpro.xyz.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Lp.speedymacpro.xyz is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Get rid of Lp.speedymacpro.xyz Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Lp.speedymacpro.xyz. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Lp.speedymacpro.xyz are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Lp.speedymacpro.xyz pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Lp.speedymacpro.xyz from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be sucessful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Lp.speedymacpro.xyz.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Lp.speedymacpro.xyz list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Lp.speedymacpro.xyz from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Lp.speedymacpro.xyz entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Lp.speedymacpro.xyz pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Lp.speedymacpro.xyz.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Lp.speedymacpro.xyz pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Lp.speedymacpro.xyz from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.