Lp.onlinecleanup.pw is an internet browser redirect that Mac users may encounter during a visit to malicious websites. Screenshot image below explains that this specific web page was created as a marketing tool to spread potentially unwanted programs (PUP) like Mac Tuneup, Mac Enhancer, and other similar rogue security and optimization app. To deceive web users, Lp.onlinecleanup.pw web page contains misleading narrative of how vital it is to have the promoted tool. It asserts to clean, optimizes, and secures Mac systems.
Mac security experts explain that it is common for malware authors to utilize misleading websites to as platform of spreading their product to online users. Hence, this scheme is coupled with malicious advertising campaign that installs applet on web user’s computer to redirect the browser to Lp.onlinecleanup.pw.
On some instances, Mac users may arrive on Lp.onlinecleanup.pw by chance when visiting websites that have active redirect script. The malicious code is not specific to Lp.onlinecleanup.pw, it can also reroute web user’s browser to other web pages with similar dubious intention.
With said explanation, stopping the Lp.onlinecleanup.pw redirect is not limited to removal of malware on local internet browser application and Mac system. Staying away from questionable websites and intrusive pop-up advertisements is another key to avoid rogue tool infection.
As first aid when browser is redirecting to Lp.onlinecleanup.pw, we suggest scanning the computer with effective anti-malware tool. Complete guide to accomplish this task is presented below. Be sure to follow the steps in exact manner to remove Lp.onlinecleanup.pw objects if it is present on the computer.
Procedures to Remove Lp.onlinecleanup.pw from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Lp.onlinecleanup.pw. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Lp.onlinecleanup.pw.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Lp.onlinecleanup.pw.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Lp.onlinecleanup.pw is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Get rid of Lp.onlinecleanup.pw Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Lp.onlinecleanup.pw. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Lp.onlinecleanup.pw are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Lp.onlinecleanup.pw pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Lp.onlinecleanup.pw from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Lp.onlinecleanup.pw.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Lp.onlinecleanup.pw list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Lp.onlinecleanup.pw from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Lp.onlinecleanup.pw entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Lp.onlinecleanup.pw pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Lp.onlinecleanup.pw.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Lp.onlinecleanup.pw pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Lp.onlinecleanup.pw from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.