For sure, we have all encountered to be redirected to web pages that we are not familiar and did not expect to see. Some of these websites are legitimate but mostly are not. Illegitimate sites are developed to gain revenue or even for cyber crime purposes. One example of these browser redirects is Loyaltyrewards.zone web page.
About Loyaltyrewards.zone Redirects?
Loyaltyrewards.zone is a kind of questionable site where it acts as a notification that web user have won a prize, which in this case is being a loyal Google user. It is somewhat similar to other fake websites such as Exclusivenotifications.online and Thor-hammer.pro. Loyaltyrewards.zone was published to present users with unreliable web pages or provides questionable contents that may collect data from web users. In addition, Loyaltyrewards.zone can cause threat through its malicious behavior once a visitor accessed or clicked any buttons on this website.
How Loyaltyrewards.zone operates?
Loyaltyrewards.zone web page starts its operations by tracking the user’s IP address to locate their geo-locations. It was primarily designed to trick visitors into allowing browser notifications and carry out with data submission through its fake survey forms. Loyaltyrewards.zone site uses different click bait techniques to tempt user to subscribe alerts, for example, displaying an “Allow” button to download a file or any data from the website. However, once a visitor click or confirm it, Loyaltyrewards.zone web page will start to give notifications that may contain intrusive ads, relating to untrustworthy sites, and so on. The “Allow” button is just a way of developers to catch attention of users for enabling push notifications. Bear in mind that ads running on Loyaltyrewards.zone website were exhibited by cyber crooks to gain online profit from visitors through it pay-per-click scheme. Either users access Loyaltyrewards.zone by mistake or not, it does not change the fact that it greatly affects browsing experience and reduce web page visibility on visitors perspective.
How users access Loyaltyrewards.zone web page?
Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA) are the main reason why users get to access dubious websites. Once internet user comes across Loyaltyrewards.zone site, it is an indication that there are suspicious app installed on the browser. These unwanted program triggers redirects to different unreliable web pages such as commission-based site, fraud and phishing site, and adult related site through its associated intrusive ads. These situations can possibly bring Loyaltyrewards.zone web page on user’s internet browser program.
Procedures to Remove Loyaltyrewards.zone from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Loyaltyrewards.zone. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Loyaltyrewards.zone.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Loyaltyrewards.zone
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Loyaltyrewards.zone or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Loyaltyrewards.zone.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Loyaltyrewards.zone is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Loyaltyrewards.zone Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Loyaltyrewards.zone during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Loyaltyrewards.zone.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Loyaltyrewards.zone or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Loyaltyrewards.zone Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Loyaltyrewards.zone is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Loyaltyrewards.zone pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Loyaltyrewards.zone.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Loyaltyrewards.zone. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Loyaltyrewards.zone or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Loyaltyrewards.zone.