Loot Find is an unexpected web browser extension that may get installed without user’s permission. It will inject certain advertising platform on the computer like banners, text-links, redirects, and pop-ups. To be able to generate these advertisements, Loot Find will pretend as a tool to make your online searching much simple. Simply highlighting the text or phrases on pages will give you data from various informational web sites. Loot Find promises to show relevant data without leaving your current page.
Integrating hyperlink on web pages is also one feature promoted by Loot Find. The link should resolve to legitimate web sites containing detailed information of highlighted words. However, things don’t always run as it should with Loot Find. Instead of opening a desired web page, it may display ads or redirect your query to promotional web site. The same way goes for translation and thesaurus features of this adware. Instead of giving useful information, it will project advertisement aiming to sell products or promote online services.
As you can notice, Loot Find is an ad-driven tool. One bad thing about this type of adware is its ability to record and analyze your web browsing habit. This includes web site your frequently visits, keywords you typed, and your preferences on online shopping.
We highly recommend removal of Loot Find from the computer before it can further harm the system. Deleting related browser add-on or extension can also help in reducing the effect of this adware on your daily browsing activities.
Online Security Scanner Report for lootfind.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 20, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 20, 2015|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Oct. 20, 2015|
How to Remove Loot Find
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Loot Find
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Loot Find or Infoatoms entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Loot Find. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Loot Find Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Loot Find from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Loot Find on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Loot Find
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Loot Find. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Loot Find. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Loot Find extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Loot Find.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Loot Find should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Loot Find and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.