Loginhelper.co is a domain that online users may unintentionally visit after viewing an aggressive web page, which is driven by a series of redirects. During the initial visit, the website normally greets web users with a phrase “Click allow to get daily notifications!” While, several prominent websites are applying this gesture to send notifications to regular visitors, Loginhelper.co is seen to be utilizing this browser feature to generate online profit by sending bunch of annoying pop-up ads. Other relevant adware like Theweatherpilot.com and Searchsmart.co also exercise the same tactics to gain revenue.
Ads by Loginhelper.co may appear on the browser as intrusive pop-ups. Its negative effect would be to show appealing links that when clicked, will open up a browser window to pages that promotes the download of potentially unwanted program (PUP). Because of continuous display of ads and intrusive traits by Loginhelper.co, some computer users deemed it as virus. Nevertheless, keep in mind this is a plain domain trying to trick users into activating a push notification on their internet apps.
The succeeding and main page of Loginhelper.co is a misleading marketing content that promotes a browser extension called Login Helper. This browser extension claims to provide quick access to email account directly from the new tab page and homepage. It may appear as promising tool, but take note that all it can serve are links to your favorite email provider. In addition, Loginhelper.co asserts that installing it on the browser will improve online search experience of users. This claim is a complete opposite because Loginhelper.co causes inconvenience to ones online searching activity. Instead of the usual and preferred search engine, it utilizes own search tool that presents inaccurate results.
With the mentioned drawback, computer security experts suggest immediate scan if there is an instance of Loginhelper.co pop-up. This is the only way to determine if computer is clean from any malicious payload of the suspicious domain. Proceed with the removal steps below and make sure to scan the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools as recommended in the procedure.
Loginhelper.co Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Loginhelper.co. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Loginhelper.co from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Loginhelper.co.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Loginhelper.co and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Loginhelper.co. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3 : Remove Loginhelper.co Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Loginhelper.co pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Loginhelper.co from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Loginhelper.co and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Loginhelper.co
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Loginhelper.co. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Loginhelper.co from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Loginhelper.co. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Loginhelper.co. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Loginhelper.co redirect and pop-up should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Loginhelper.co and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.