Login Assistant Tab is an unwanted software that alters the web browser’s settings without the permission of computer users. This adware is able to inject advertisements on the browser as part of its operation. As a hijacker, Login Assistant Tab replaces the existing default setting of web browser’s homepage, new tab page, and search engine into Hloginassistant.co. Therefore, when performing an online search, it always redirects to newly assigned URL to facilitate the activity.
Unfortunately, infected web browser cannot generate accurate and reliable search result during the presence of Login Assistant Tab. Instead, it shows contents that link to dubious websites, which online users do not prefer to visit. This browser hijacker also functions to designate their own web address in order to increase revenue by deploying numerous advertisements on the search result pages.
Login Assistant Tab or any other browser hijackers can also contain spyware, which function to gather information such as banking, personal data, and email authentication details. Developers can contact other cyber criminals to sell collected information for additional profit. Another is, Login Assistant Tab can have effect on browser’s security. It can be minor, but often a permanent issue. There are browse hijackers that are easy to remove, but Login Assistant Tab can also modify the security settings of internet software making it hard to reset.
Login Assistant Tab is also a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Such this kind of malicious application is usually part of software bundle that online users do not choose to install. Moreover, some free installers do not disclose proper documentation like how Login Assistant Tab functions. There is a tendency that computer users are tricked to agree and install this extra software without proper understanding.
There are several techniques on how adware developers gain entry to the computer systems. The ways can be through malicious advertisements, software downloads, torrent sites, and fake software updates. Whichever, prevention and being vigilant when using the internet is a good way to avoid being infected with Login Assistant Tab or any sorts of adware.
Login Assistant Tab Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of unwanted programs from compromised Windows computers. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijackers and pop-ups. In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process exactly.
Remove Login Assistant Tab from the computer by executing the steps below.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of browser hijacker like Login Assistant Tab through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Login Assistant Tab, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Login Assistant Tab hijacker including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows includes Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Delete Login Assistant Tab Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Login Assistant Tab. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the Login Assistant Tab Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Login Assistant Tab or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the Login Assistant Tab Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Login Assistant Tab and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove Login Assistant Tab from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select Login Assistant Tab or a recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Login Assistant Tab is still present on the browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the browser hijacker from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries for Login Assistant Tab from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Login Assistant Tab automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Login Assistant Tab that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Login Assistant Tab.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Login Assistant Tab and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Login Assistant Tab browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Login Assistant Tab on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Login Assistant Tab.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Login Assistant Tab. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Login Assistant Tab. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Login Assistant Tab. The procedure below discusses on resetting various browsers to their default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extensions, such as Login Assistant Tab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty removing unwanted extensions.
1. Open the Google Chrome internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press the Enter key.
3. Click on Reset Settings on the sidebar and choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. On the confirmation window, click the Reset settings button to clear all entries for Login Assistant Tab.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed the Login Assistant Tab extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox that may be related to Login Assistant Tab. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only a specific extension, please see the manual removal of add-ons from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on the Firefox web address and press Enter on the keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section in the upper-right corner of the screen stating, Give Firefox a tune-up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If a confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Login Assistant Tab should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. On the address bar, please input edge://settings/reset and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Once you are on the Reset Settings page, click on Restore settings to their default values.
4. A confirmation window will appear; click on the Reset button to continue.
Your data, like favorites, bookmarks, and history, will remain in the browser. However, this process will delete add-ons by Login Assistant Tab and other unknown objects.
Get rid of Hloginassistant.co Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website, Hloginassistant.co. It is taking advantage of the push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hloginassistant.co are extra ordinary as they exceed the normal display volume, and are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hloginassistant.co pop-ups will start to bombard the internet browser screen with pop-ups if a web user is deceived to click the “Allow” button, which triggers the said website to send a push notification. To stop Hloginassistant.co from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On the Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under the "Sites that sent a lot of notifications" or "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Hloginassistant.co.
3. Click Don't Allow beside Hloginassistant.co. You may also click on the ellipses to reveal the options.
4. Please restart the Google Chrome browser.
1. On the Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press the Enter key:
2. Navigate below to the Permissions area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hloginassistant.co entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes, and restart Mozilla Firefox. Check if Hloginassistant.co pop-up is gone.
1. On the top menu, click on Safari, and then select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on the Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On the right panel, it will display a list of websites with the "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hloginassistant.co.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart the Safari browser and see if the Hloginassistant.co pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that the Edge browser is open, type the following in the address bar and hit Enter on your keyboard.
2. In the Settings, Site Permissions area, select Hloginassistant.co from the list.
3. Click on the Options icon. See the image below.
4. Under the All Sites section, look for Notifications and select Block to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.