Live Sports Player is an ad-supported application that can be added to Chrome browser without user’s approval. This is very aggressive in penetrating computer using various techniques. It was found out that Live Sports Player is bundled to most copies of third-party software and deployed all over the internet.
To give you latest sports news and coverage is how Live Sports Player is promoted. It could be a nice tool especially for sports fans if not only for some erratic changes it can bring on the browser. This adware will add new tab and toolbars on your browser without seeking for permission. Your home page settings will not be spared by this adware because Search.searchlsp.com or Livesportsplayertab.com will be assigned as your default search engine.
In our previous postings, we have discussed its other variants like New Way Sports and Easy Sports Access. We emphasize how dangerous it is to have this type of adware on the computer. It is too bothering for users to see excessive ads coming from Live Sports Player. It floods the screen and redirects your web pages to unknown address.
Moreover, existence of Live Sports Player can lead to identity theft. This adware regularly monitors your internet usage. It records visited sites, search inquiries, and other relevant online information. As you have notice, Live Sports Player is very much concerned how you use the internet. After gathering data, adware developers plan to serve selected advertisements that are within your interest to catch attention.
It is clear that Live Sports Player was made merely to benefit the authors while end user has nothing to gain for having this program. Thus, we highly suggest immediate removal of this adware. Follow the procedures and use our recommended tools to help you get rid of Live Sports Player adware for good.
How to Remove Live Sports Player Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Live Sports Player
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Live Sports Player entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Live Sports Player. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Live Sports Player from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Live Sports Player on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Livesportsplayertab.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Livesportsplayertab.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Livesportsplayertab.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Livesportsplayertab.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.