Official site indicates that Live Security Platinum can do revive the speed of PC systems. It features security and optimization functions to improve system performance, increase start-up speed, and more. Other similar products we audited also provide the same functionality. However, we found that the majority of these software programs use scanning and detection, which we consider alarmist tactics to encourage users to buy the full version of Live Security Platinum.
Fake virus findings by Live Security Platinum
After running an analysis, this program will ask for an alert indicating multiple problems found on the computer. To exaggerate its claims, Live Security Platinum will find hundreds of problems to fix. As indicated, the only way to correct them is to pay for the Live Security Platinum record code. Hence, if computer user choose to continue with the cleaning process, the program will pop-up its payment processing web page wherein users are required to fill-up all the fields including credit card data.
Disclosing payment details is just one of the concerns we face with Live Security Platinum. On top of that, this program uses a malicious method to spread across the Internet. Live Security Platinum is generally wrapped up in suspicious freeware and shareware. Contextual advertisements and redirections on some websites are used to promote Live Security Platinum and perform an energetic install on the visitor’s computer.
Right now, it’s not important to leverage that optimization tool. As a matter of fact, Windows operating systems have embedded programs that can work much better than those offered by Live Security Platinum. Hence, we strongly suggest that you delete this unwanted program immediately. Its presence and running processes can simply increase the utilization of system resources which can cause system slowdowns and crashes.
Live Security Platinum Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Live Security Platinum through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Live Security Platinum, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Live Security Platinum rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Live Security Platinum
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Live Security Platinum and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Live Security Platinum from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Live Security Platinum from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Live Security Platinum unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Live Security Platinum and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Live Security Platinum using Anti-malware Program
To remove Live Security Platinum automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Live Security Platinum that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Live Security Platinum.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.