Level Quality Watcher (levelqualitywatcher64.exe) is dubbed as an adware program that was made simply to generate online revenue. It is often link to malicious advertising module called ScorpionSaver. To be able to spread this adware, authors are dealing with freeware maker to include their code in the distribution. In the end, users opting to download freeware may also have Level Quality Watcher on their computer without consent.
Just because Level Quality Watcher arrives on the PC alongside a downloaded program, most users are not aware of its installation. They will be caught by surprise when ads started to pop-up on the screen. Its presence may also cause browser redirected and home page hijacking on the infected system. Worst, Level Quality Watcher adware can monitor user’s online activities and record sensitive data that will be used in providing ads aiming to attract user.
Level Quality Watcher is specifically categorized as an adware. It may have virus-like traits when attacking a computer, but the code was simply to deliver ads on affected browser. Unlike viruses, Level Quality Watcher never infects files or spread across other computers or network. In fact, users can avoid this by staying away from freeware and shareware coming from doubtful developers. Also, having efficient anti-malware tool helps blocks the entry of adware including Level Quality Watcher.
How to Remove Level Quality Watcher
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Level Quality Watcher
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Level Quality Watcher entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently. You may uninstall ScorpionSaver or any adware-related software.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Level Quality Watcher. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Level Quality Watcher from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Level Quality Watcher on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On December 4, 2013