Browser that involves in aggressive pop-ups and redirects of Kromtech.net website may be under the control of malicious code or probably Adware. In this case, the questionable applet is possibly embedded inside the internet application and kick offs browser redirects from time to time if it sense that Mac computer is connected to internet, or whenever user is surfing the web.
The specific Kromtech.net site that frequently appears on the compromised internet browser program like Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari was made to promote a suspicious system optimization and security program called MacKeeper. Obviously, people behind the Kromtech.net are the same group that handles the questionable tool and they are relying on this browser redirect scheme as additional deployment method.
Apart from this malicious advertising campaign, MacKeeper is also found to be bundled to various freeware or shareware that are hosted on several websites. This scheme can easily load the rogue tool onto computer if user executes the free software. The same thing also happens when web user click on any button presented on Kromtech.net.
Although Kromtech.net website states that it only runs “free cleanup analysis”, what user may obtain are not just tools but also malicious codes that from time to time will show up on the browser, promoting MacKeeper or any similar questionable system optimizer and security product.
Various Mac users’ complaints about this intrusive pop-ups emerging from various sub domains as app4.kromtech.net, app5.kromtech.net and app6 third level domain. Fortunately, the originating sub domain is irrelevant with the removal steps we are providing on this page. Use the procedures to remove the pop-up whether it is from Kromtech.net or any invasive web sites that keeps on bombarding the browser with various redirects and pop-ups.
Procedures to Remove Kromtech.net from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Kromtech.net. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Kromtech.net.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Kromtech.net.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Kromtech.net is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Get rid of Kromtech.net Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Kromtech.net. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Kromtech.net are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Kromtech.net pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Kromtech.net from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Kromtech.net.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Kromtech.net list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Kromtech.net from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Kromtech.net entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Kromtech.net pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Kromtech.net.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Kromtech.net pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Kromtech.net from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.