JoniCoupon is categorically an adware that is referred by many computer users as pesky. First and foremost, this program will get inside your computer unknown to you. It comes uninvited with a program you have intentionally downloaded. In other terms, bundling JoniCoupon adware to free program is the trick being used by the creator. Although, the adware doesn’t live by this technique alone as it may use other ways like spreading links to social media sites and spam emails.
If JoniCoupon adware has entered the computer, instantly you will notice changes on the browser. There are strange things happening while you surf online shopping sites. JoniCoupon ads will appear containing a number of coupons that are relevant to your interest. Clicking on this number will expand the offer showing various links, coupons, discounts, and savings for a related product.
It appears that JoniCoupon is worthy of being on the browser saving you time looking for online discounts. However, it is reported that adware authors are utilizing this service to direct web browsers to risky web sites. This leads to infection of adware once site is visited.
Online Security Scanner Report for jonicoupon.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 13, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 13, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 13, 2014|
How to Stop JoniCoupon Ads (Removal Guide)
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to JoniCoupon. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted JoniCoupon from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of JoniCoupon on the affected browser.
Optional: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from JoniCoupon
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with JoniCoupon. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to JoniCoupon. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, you can view complete procedures here.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. JoniCoupon should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by JoniCoupon and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the instructions manually, please see this specific procedure.