Some computer users may have been deceived that Irob is a valuable Desktop tool that enhances web browsing experience. It claims to place tools on desktop allowing user to easily Search, Connect, Convert, Translate, and use other useful features of the program. At first, one may agree that Irob is a worthy tool, but some may turn it down, including computer security experts.
Irob is an Adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP). It was made merely to issue intrusive advertisements on the computer. The adware runs on the browser as extension that does not give users any control on its function. Ads by Irob or Brought by Irob advertisements will continue to pound your browser without a restrain.
Irob is identical to Woinderhouse, Artcart, and Grrreat. Publishers are deploying these adware bundled with third-party application. They are also using pay-per-install scheme in which software makers are getting paid when a copy Irob is installed while concealed on their product. Realistically, primary way for user to obtain this unwanted program is through freeware bundles. Therefore, take extra precaution when downloading apps, especially from questionable sites.
Upon diagnostics, we found out that Irob works comfortably with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers. It runs as Add-On or Extension on affected internet program. These added codes on your browser are the reasons why Irob ads endlessly flashing on your screen.
Irob and other relevant threats can put your online security at risk. Some ads from Irob may land you to a malicious website. Before things gets out of control, we highly advise that you remove Irob. On this page are procedures and tools you can depend on to get rid of threats.
Online Security Scanner Report for irob.me:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 12, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 12, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 12, 2016|
How to Remove Irob
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Irob
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Irob or Linkury entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Irob. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Irob from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Irob on the affected browser.
Step 4 (Optional): Reset the Browser to Remove Irob
If the tools offered above are not helpful in restoring your browser to previous normal state, adware may still be present. Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on or extension is vital when dealing with Irob. The procedure below will guide you to reset various browsers to its default state.
Remove Irob from Google (Reset Feature)
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard:
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Irob. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Irob from Internet Explorer (Reset Settings)
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Irob and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove Irob from Mozilla Firefox (Refresh Function)
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Irob.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and go to Troubleshooting Information page by typing this in the address bar: about:support
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a Tune Up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Irob should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.