While surfing on the internet, there are websites that online users get to access that shows a lot of pop-ups and advertisements. Such sites could be malicious, and one example of this is Iqeqkon.pro web page.
Iqeqkon.pro is a dubious site where it exhibits various pop-ups and ads while web visitor were browsing. It also generates redirects linking to fake websites or undesirable pages such online gambling sites, illicit streaming platforms, or scam and phishing sites. The primary goal of Iqeqkon.pro is to generate profit via pay-per-install basis, which could be active while clicking ads. Pop-ups that appear on Iqeqkon.pro can be from unwanted sites that can redirect internet users into web pages displaying malicious contents.
Accessing Iqeqkon.pro on browser could be no harm unless; online users enable pop-up alerts from this site. Iqeqkon.pro may display click baits to convince web visitor to click something, or may require into clicking “download” or “continue” button. Agreeing to confirm means that Iqeqkon.pro can send pop-up notifications to browsers containing deceptive ads or fake software updates. A simple click can also redirect web users to other rogue sites containing unexpected contents. Like in the URL Yuiqex.iqeqkon.pro as shown below, the page pretends to be an Adobe Flash player update to trick users into installing an unwanted application.
Web developers design Iqeqkon.pro literally to gain income. Running ads on browser is normal however; there are operators who abused this rule just to generate more profit. Iqeqkon.pro on browser made possible by potentially unwanted application (PUA) or adware that runs on operating system. Unwanted programs infiltrate computers without permission of online users. As soon as it enters devices, it implants infections to system and spies through browser. In that way, Iqeqkon.pro can land to browser and begins its operations. Another possible reason is by advertisements on similar-malicious websites that internet users access frequently such as torrents or adult-oriented sites. It can also exhibit pop-ups that could redirect online users to different web pages such as Iqeqkon.pro.
Procedures to Remove Iqeqkon.pro from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Iqeqkon.pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Iqeqkon.pro.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Iqeqkon.pro
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Iqeqkon.pro or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Iqeqkon.pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Iqeqkon.pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Iqeqkon.pro Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Iqeqkon.pro during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Iqeqkon.pro.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Iqeqkon.pro or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Iqeqkon.pro Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Iqeqkon.pro is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Iqeqkon.pro pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Iqeqkon.pro.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Iqeqkon.pro. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Iqeqkon.pro or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Iqeqkon.pro.