Intimepoint.com is a questionable domain that serves as platform for distributing malicious advertisements. Its primary objective is to seek approval from web users into allowing the push notification feature of internet software, which makes Intimepoint.com as one of the trusted producer of pop-ups. While legitimate websites are utilizing the push notification to send alerts and news on the browser, actors behind Intimepoint.com will take advantage of this feature so that web users could suffer from their ad flooding scheme. Attackers find this unfair marketing technique effective in promoting their products or services. It also pushes for the installation of questionable apps like OperativeBitUnit, Universal Field, and so on.
There will be no excessive ad display emerging from push notification if web user is attentive on the alerts that popping out on the screen. It is given that publishers of Intimepoint.com will utilize every deceitful resource to get the approval of web users. By exhibiting the following messages, attackers are anticipating that at any given instance, online users may click on the pop-up.
- Intimepoint.com wants to show notification
- Click allow to close this window
- Click allow to watch the video
- Prove that you are not a robot, please click allow
- Press allow to download the file
Already mentioned above, accessing these pop-ups gives Intimepoint.com the permission to take advantage of the push notification feature to exhibit dubious advertisements. Unfortunately, these ads are the usual carrier of adware or malware and it is using a drive-by-download landing pages that can automatically install malware on visitor’s computer.
Sometimes, deleting Intimepoint.com from the browser configuration is enough to stop the pop-up ads. Hence, if this method is insufficient, we suggest scanning the computer with legitimate virus and malware removal tools.
Steps to remove Intimepoint.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Intimepoint.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Intimepoint.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Intimepoint.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Intimepoint.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Intimepoint.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Intimepoint.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Intimepoint.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Intimepoint.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Intimepoint.com on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Intimepoint.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Intimepoint.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Intimepoint.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Intimepoint.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Intimepoint.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Intimepoint.com on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Intimepoint.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Intimepoint.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Intimepoint.com from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Intimepoint.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Intimepoint.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Intimepoint.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Intimepoint.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Intimepoint.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Intimepoint.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Intimepoint.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Intimepoint.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Intimepoint.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Intimepoint.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Intimepoint.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Intimepoint.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Tutorial Video : Remove Intimepoint.com Pop-up on Mac
Stopping Intimepoint.com Pop-up on Mobile Devices
Aside from PC and Mac, Intimepoint.com pop-ups and redirects can also affect browser programs on mobile phones like Android and iOS devices. To stop the annoying pop-ups and remove its source, please execute the procedures as stated here.
Please take note that the tutorial in removing Intimepoint.com pop-ups from mobile devices contains automatic and manual procedures. If you are not a technical user, we recommend to follow the instant removal method to automatically stop Intimepoint.com pop-ups from mobile device using a malware scanner.