include-it.net is a browser redirect adware that normally spread through freeware. Attackers are bundling their code into free programs so that security software may deemed the installation as legal. Module of include-it.net is loaded into the browser as add-on. Thus, it may appear to be a browser-friendly item.
When you start the browser, the code runs and engages with your browsing activity instantly. Common problem reported is constant redirect to include-it.net. It also appears that the presence of this adware makes the home page and new tab to exhibit the unwanted web site. Browsers presently targeted by this adware are Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
The sources of include-it.net hijacker could be compromised web sites, malicious links, or online advertisements. These mentioned basis of infection all points your web browser to a page where you may download the adware directly, or a freeware where it is wrapped.
Online Security Scanner Report for include-it.net:
One method to identify if the web address is safe or risky is by obtaining data from various online security web site scanners. However, you cannot simply rely on this especially if the web address in question is fairly new. As you can see in the result below, three web sites unanimously dubbed include-it.net as Safe.
How does ‘include-it.net’ enters a computer?
There are certain methods how adware authors will spread include-it.net into your browser. Definitely, they will use the internet to reach victims at the quickest possible time before security vendors can mark it as malicious. To be safe, do not just click on any link without verifying the source. Also, never install a program that you find risky. Here are the main routines why user’s may acquire browser redirect like include-it.net.
– You may have downloaded a program to where include-it.net is bundled.
– Clicking on malicious links sent from spam email messages can lead to the adware infection.
– Some intentionally installs the code through misleading tactics employed by adware authors.
How to Remove include-it.net Virus
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to include-it.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted include-it.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of include-it.net on the affected browser.
Stage 3: Cleanup your Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with include-it.net. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to include-it.net. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image below for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.