Home page pointing to Iminent Search can be attached to presence of adware. This browser hijacker uses unwanted search engine that can be unsafe to computer. Iminent Search can occupy default search and alter certain settings on browser’s home page. Thus, if your home page resolves to web address iminentsearch.com, it implies that adware already made changes on the browser without your knowledge.
Replacing the current search engine is a pervasive trick of adware authors. Once victim uses Iminent Search, the adware begins to serve advertisements. It is visible on modified home page and will be part of search results. They even intend to confuse users by mixing advertising links with actual search results. Through this marketing scheme, Iminent Search makers are able to generate revenue at the expense of their victims.
Iminent Search and other questionable search engine like Attirerpage and Youndoo are categorized as Adware. This type of potentially unwanted program is not virus. Although they are nearly exemplify as computer virus due to invasive techniques employed in order to gain a seat on the system. Iminent Search do not spread neither infect files on the computer. They were made simply for monetary purposes.
By bundling Iminent Search to several shareware apps, this adware expands over the internet rapidly. Installing free app likewise load this unlikable search engine without asking for your approval.
To avoid Iminent Search and other adware from being part of your browser, avoid freeware and shareware. It may come as free games, tools, media player, fake software update, and so on. It is more unsafe these days because too many web sites are hosting these types of programs that distribute adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for iminentsearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Jan. 12, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Jan. 12, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Jan. 12, 2017|
Iminent Search Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Iminent Search home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Iminent Search. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Iminent Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Iminent Search Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Iminent Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Iminent Search on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Iminent Search
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Iminent Search. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Iminent Search. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Iminent Search home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Iminent Search and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.