iCouponClipper ads may appear on the browser if extension or plug-in was installed. Most of the time, users are not aware on the installation of this potentially unwanted program. It often arrives on the computer as software bundles. You may have downloaded freeware that is packed with iCouponClipper. Therefore, the adware is loaded into the browser while installing such dubious free program.
If iCouponClipper if fully installed, it will generate pop-ups and banners containing alerts that are relevant to your online shopping. It is most noticeable when you are browsing shopping web sites or viewing online products. iCouponClipper claims that it helps user find better prices and stores where they can purchase the same product. However, due to certain invalid redirects and irrelevant web pages that it shows, some people deemed it as computer virus.
At first, users may find iCouponClipper helpful. However, once it begins to display excessive ads and banners, most users considers it nothing but an annoying program. Not to mention that adware like iCouponClipper can endanger your online privacy. It may gather various data from the system like visited websites, product preferences, and search queries. This information is very much useful for makers of iCouponClipper to further strengthen the presence of ads on the browser. It can display concentrated promotions that are more appealing using collected data from victims.
If you need to remove iCouponClipper from the computer because you are worried that it may cause more damages, then, you need to execute the guide below. Scan the computer with suggested tool to find and delete hidden malicious objects that are linked to iCouponClipper.
Online Security Scanner Report for icouponclipper.net:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||April 19, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||April 19, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||April 19, 2017|
How to Remove iCouponClipper
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall iCouponClipper
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove iCouponClipper entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
5. If it prompts you to select default search engine, please set the current homepage to Google or any valid search engine.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to iCouponClipper. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted iCouponClipper from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of iCouponClipper on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove iCouponClipper Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with iCouponClipper. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove iCouponClipper from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove iCouponClipper from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete iCouponClipper by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of iCouponClipper removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from iCouponClipper. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by iCouponClipper. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Chrome Cleanup Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove iCouponClipper from Firefox
Option 1 – Delete Add-on from Firefox Browser
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On the address bar, type the following strings and press Enter on keyboard: about:addons
3. Under Add-ons Manager, look for iCouponClipper or Coupons and click associated Remove button. See image below for reference.
4. Firefox will confirm your actions by clicking Yes. Please make sure that you have selected to Remove the home page and restore my previous setting.
5. You may now restart Firefox browser.
Option 2 – Refresh Mozilla Firefox
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to iCouponClipper. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. iCouponClipper should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Remove iCouponClipper from Internet Explorer
iCouponClipper loads on Internet Explorer when you install the main program. Therefore, uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs (Step 1) should also remove its extension from the browser. If in case iCouponClipper still exists, please restore Internet Explorer settings to its default value.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by iCouponClipper and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove iCouponClipper from Safari Browser
Option 1 – Delete iCouponClipper Extension
1. Open your Safari internet application.
2. Click on Safari Settings button located on upper-right corner of the browser. Select Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Safari Settings window, click the Extension tab.
4. Select iCouponClipper, or it may use alternative extension like in our case, iCouponClipper is installed. Click on Uninstall button.
5. If Safari prompts for confirmation to remove the extension, please click Uninstall.
Option 2 – Reset Safari Browser
We only recommend this function if manually removing iCouponClipper extension didn’t resolve the issue. Please select only items that are essential in stopping adware activities on the browser as shown in the image below.
1. Open your browser and click on Safari Settings on upper-right corner of the screen.
2. Choose Reset Safari… from the drop-down list.
3. Select items that you want to reset. You may include all if preferred. However, for the purpose of deleting only items relevant to presence of iCouponClipper adware, we excluded some entries. Click on Reset button after the selection process.
4. Please restart Safari after applying the changes.