Huge Rebates is a malicious program that can interfere with your Internet browsing activity. It will show pop-up ads, cash back, deals, and discount for irrelevant products. This commercial contents coming from Huge Rebates affiliates may be useful to others, but worthless to many who are not inclined to online shopping. Some computer users who get in touch with Huge Rebates deemed it as part of virus activity.
In the presence of Huge Rebates, it attached itself to known browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox without user’s consent. In short, instant appearance of Huge Rebates coupons or ads comes as a surprise, especially if user has no involvement in the installation.
Normally, freeware is the main source of this adware. Free programs are packed together with Huge Rebates so that both runs in single installation process. What user don’t know is adware is being installed, not only the preferred software. Huge Rebates cash back and savings intends to give online shoppers a tool to balance on online deals and get the best offer. Cash back and savings are also provided as a pop-up and will appear when user is browsing online shopping sites.
If you feel that Huge Rebates is not in any way helpful, we suggest removing it from the computer. It may have other purpose like recording some of your browsing data that may lead to identity theft.
Online Security Scanner Report for hugerebates.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 31, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 31, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Oct. 31, 2015|
How to Remove Huge Rebates Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Huge Rebates
The main cause of pop-up ads, savings, and cash back coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Huge Rebates entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Huge Rebates. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Huge Rebates from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Huge Rebates on the affected browser.