hpylgr.com is an advertising server that aims to pop-up endorsement on the computer. It will show up on target browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. hpylgr.com infection is considered as an adware attack that will take effect when browser add-on is installed. In normal cases, users can acquire adware through freeware. Installation is always discreet that didn’t give users proper acceptance of the program.
When adware is on the PC, pop-up will appear on the screen when surfing the web. No matter what web site you visit or web page you are viewing, ads from hpylgr.com will pop-up constantly. It is obvious that main goal of this adware is to generate online revenue through advertisements; pop-ups, banners, and browser redirect function. Overall, it aims to deliver web traffic to a network of advertisers.
Other means to spread hpylgr.com adware is through social media sites and email messages. It is presented as a link within a bogus topic that when clicked will redirect your browser to a malicious web site that automatically downloads hpylgr.com.
So, if you are seeing pop-up ads from hpylgr.com, it only confirms adware presence on the computer. Removing the culprit program where the adware is bundled with can ease the computer troubles. In addition, you also need to delete hpylgr.com add-on or extension from the browser to totally stop this adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for hpylgr.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Nov 14, 2013|
|Suspicious||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Nov 14, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 14, 2013|
hpylgr.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like hpylgr.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to hpylgr.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to hpylgr.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove hpylgr.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted hpylgr.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of hpylgr.com on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On January 18, 2014