Home.searchpulse.com is a website that claims to be a productive web tool, which allows user to choose preferred search provider in an instant. This program also asserts to consolidate all basic searching needs into one convenient place. In fact, Home.searchpulse.com provides drop-down list to give user easy control whenever they want to search the web using Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
So far, there is no proof that Home.searchpulse.com is similarly dubious as other custom search engine. The official site provides simple instructions to remove the tool via browser settings. The only thing we found disapproving about Home.searchpulse.com is its tendency to lag system performance. This may be due to high definition graphics used for wallpaper settings. Although, using the HD images on background gives a presentable and attractive look on homepage.
Home.searchpulse.com was made to be compatible with Google Chrome and Safari browser. Thus, our removal guide on this page covers only these two internet applications. As mentioned earlier, user who wish to remove Home.searchpulse.com or Search Pulse extension from the browser can execute the procedures published on its official website.
How to Remove Home.searchpulse.com
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Home.searchpulse.com
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Home.searchpulse.com or Search Pulse entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Home.searchpulse.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Home.searchpulse.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Home.searchpulse.com on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Home.searchpulse.com Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Home.searchpulse.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Home.searchpulse.com from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Home.searchpulse.com from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Home.searchpulse.com by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Home.searchpulse.com removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Home.searchpulse.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Home.searchpulse.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Home.searchpulse.com from Safari Browser
Option 1 – Delete Home.searchpulse.com Extension
1. Open your Safari internet application.
2. Click on Safari Settings button located on upper-right corner of the browser. Select Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Safari Settings window, click the Extension tab.
4. Select Home.searchpulse.com, or it may use alternative extension like in our case, Search Pulse is installed. Click on Uninstall button.
5. If Safari prompts for confirmation to remove the extension, please click Uninstall.
Option 2 – Reset Safari Browser
We only recommend this function if manually removing Home.searchpulse.com extension didn’t resolve the issue. Please select only items that are essential in stopping adware activities on the browser as shown in the image below.
1. Open your browser and click on Safari Settings on upper-right corner of the screen.
2. Choose Reset Safari… from the drop-down list.
3. Select items that you want to reset. You may include all if preferred. However, for the purpose of deleting only items relevant to presence of Home.searchpulse.com adware, we excluded some entries. Click on Reset button after the selection process.
4. Please restart Safari after applying the changes.