If Home.grandburst.com occupies start-up page, home page, or new tab of Google Chrome browser, there is a reason to believe that adware may have infected the computer. This invasion can be traced to installation of shareware, freeware, or third-party application. You may not know it, but Home.grandburst.com is packed to free programs that are hosted on various web sites. Bundling it to download manager, free games, tools, and fake software update is another trick to deploy Home.grandburst.com quickly.
As an official home page of Grand Burst Extension, this hijacker do not come alone. Aside from the mentioned program, toolbars and new tab arrives with it too. As you can notice, Home.grandburst.com and company occupy almost every function on the browser. This was done on purpose. Author of this adware mean to convince user to use its search engine and other features habitually. In return, Home.grandburst.com generates revenue through advertisements and promotion that it delivers.
With given annoyances and troubles, some user believes that Home.grandburst.com is a virus. Technically, it is under the category of Adware or Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Less hazardous and does not spread on its own. It needs user’s intervention to be able to install components on the browser. You may not see it coming because it conceals itself to another software installation.
Home.grandburst.com may not be as dangerous as malware or virus, but you must understand that it is still risky to have it on the computer. It can track your Internet activities and gather sensitive information. Thus, we suggest quick removal of Home.grandburst.com.
Online Security Scanner Report for home.grandburst.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Dec. 18, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Dec. 18, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Dec. 18, 2016|
How to Remove home.grandburst.com
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Home.grandburst.com
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove GrandBurst entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Home.grandburst.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Home.grandburst.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Home.grandburst.com on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Home.grandburst.com from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Home.grandburst.com from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Home.grandburst.com by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Home.grandburst.com removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Home.grandburst.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Home.grandburst.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.