Home.clearwebsearch.com is a homepage redirect adware that also overrides search engine on infected browser. This type of adware usually enters the computer without the need for user’s approval. Installation proceeding of this adware assigns it as the default start-up page and new tab. Then, it will make you believe that it is a typical search tool. However, due to its intrusive technique when coming into the PC, security experts put Home.clearwebsearch.com in the list of PUP alongside Home.serenefind.com.
Third-party software are actually the ones who can drop Home.clearwebsearch.com onto the computer. There is actually a way to oppose the installation of this unwanted program, if you only choose to install the downloaded program via ‘Custom’ setup process. In this method, you can cross-out the main program called Clear Web Search and prefer not to install it on your computer. Frequently, third-party app is installed by default because of user’s lack of knowledge on the presence of adware.
Primary goal of Home.clearwebsearch.com is to be your default search engine. Subsequently, this adware aims to generate online profit by exhibiting ads on manipulated search results. This is the reason why Home.clearwebsearch.com is forcibly injected as your normal home page.
In addition, existence of Home.clearwebsearch.com on the computer may put your privacy at risks. It was not designed to steal user name and password but it can monitor how you search the web. It also records your line of interest and key phrases you input on search engine. Gathered data can be shared or used for business, advertising, or online marketing purposes.
Online Security Scanner Report for home.clearwebsearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 13, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||July 13, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 13, 2016|
Home.clearwebsearch.com Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This malware and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Home.clearwebsearch.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Home.clearwebsearch.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Home.clearwebsearch.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Home.clearwebsearch.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Home.clearwebsearch.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Home.clearwebsearch.com on the affected browser.
Stage 4 (Optional): Reset the Browser to Remove Home.clearwebsearch.com
If the tools offered above are not helpful in restoring your browser to previous normal state, adware may still be present. Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on or extension is vital when dealing with Home.clearwebsearch.com. The procedure below will guide you to reset various browsers to its default state.
Remove Home.clearwebsearch.com from Google (Reset Feature)
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard:
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Home.clearwebsearch.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Home.clearwebsearch.com from Internet Explorer (Reset Settings)
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Home.clearwebsearch.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove Home.clearwebsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (Refresh Function)
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Home.clearwebsearch.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and go to Troubleshooting Information page by typing this in the address bar: about:support
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a Tune Up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Home.clearwebsearch.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Post Last Modified On July 16, 2016