High PC Booster claims to be Windows PC optimization tool. Hence, after diagnostics, we noticed that it is using invasive technique to gain computer access. Aside from that, this software is also linked to various adware that was used to spread a copy of High PC Booster and have it installed on the system without user’s approval.
Freeware like games, media players, download manager, and utilities are just some transporter of malicious application like High PC Booster. Therefore, it is vital to stay away from such freeware. Instead, download and install software that are reputable and those that are being serve on trusted websites.
Once the dubious freeware was downloaded and installed, the process will not only load the main program. High PC Booster and other PUP may also load onto the computer without user’s knowledge. The progression is discrete and it can even evade detection from most security products.
Once High PC Booster is installed, it immediately runs a scan on the computer. It will send catchy messages and warnings to get users attention. Things like Registry Issues, Malware Detected, System Clutter, Privacy Issues, Browser Issues are just some troubles that will be raise by High PC Booster in order to convince user into purchasing the license version.
It is natural for rogue application to scan the computer and immediately false issues. Also, user may only allow to fix the problems after purchasing the registration key and once program has been activated. Thus, every attempt of user to repair the computer using this program will redirect them to a merchant webpage prompting for payment to activate High PC Booster.
Instead of being a victim to this rogue application, we recommend that you remove High PC Booster from the computer as soon as you can. Below are simple guide and tools to help you eliminate this threat.
Online Security Scanner Report for highpcbooster.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Dec. 11, 2017|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Dec. 11, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Dec. 11, 2017|
How to Remove High PC Booster
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall High PC Booster from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select High PC Booster from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds High PC Booster and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of High PC Booster using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for High PC Booster . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all High PC Booster entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that High PC Booster have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to High PC Booster.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.