Hide My AdBlocker is dubbed as potentially unwanted program. It allegedly hides your ad blocker tool when visiting site with restrictions to such application. Some websites applies limitation to browsers equipped with Ad Blockers. With the installation of Hide My AdBlocker, you can browse those sites normally without being detected that you are using Ad Blocker software.
Using third-party software as the primary mean to spread Hide My AdBlocker is one reason why it was tagged as potentially unwanted program. In some instances, this program may arrive alongside other adware. By using bundling technique, several programs or adware are merging into one installation file. Therefore, bunches of programs are loaded into the computer even though user only aims to download and install a single software.
Most of the time, the bundled products that comes with Hide My AdBlocker are hosted on unreliable servers. There are also cases that browser infected with malware will redirect the destination page to dubious webpage that entice users into downloading Hide My AdBlocker.
Unlike most adware, Hide My AdBlocker will not affect homepage of affected browser program. It does not apply default search engine. This adware only targets Google Chrome browser but there may be versions for Internet Explorer and Firefox soon.
Once Hide My AdBlocker is installed on the browser, added icon will appear on top menu. This icon is a shortcut to access and configure the extension. Aside from this, there are no other changes made on the browser during the presence of this adware. One irregularity we have observed is the constant redirect of browser to unsolicited websites. This happens when running online search and simple web browsing.
As you can see, existence of Hide My AdBlocker may not be fully benefits online browsing. At some point, this can endanger your security and privacy. Thus, we highly suggest to remove Hide My AdBlocker using our effective procedures below.
Online Security Scanner Report for hidemyadblocker.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Oct. 24, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Oct. 24, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Oct. 24, 2016|
How to Remove Hide My AdBlocker
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Hide My AdBlocker
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Hide My AdBlocker or Yontoo entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Hide My AdBlocker. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Hide My AdBlocker from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Hide My AdBlocker on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Hide My AdBlocker from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Hide My AdBlocker from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Hide My AdBlocker by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Hide My AdBlocker removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Hide My AdBlocker. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Hide My AdBlocker. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.