Adware like Hidden Searcher typically targets the browser programs on computer system due to the gigantic measure of clients that are utilizing this internet applications. The principal expectation of this adware is to flood the computer with various sorts of ads and have it continually appear on internet program like Google Chrome or Firefox. Sadly, such advertisements can result to undesirable visits to websites with dangerous contents. In addition, it can override the homepage URL with Home.hiddensearcher.com.
How Hidden Searcher infects the computer?
Similar to other malicious browser extension as SearchZubi, SearchMok, and PerfectConverters, Hidden Searcher adware can spread through computers by several strategies executed by its developers and so far, the most efficient ways to deploy Hidden Searcher app is by using the following tactics:
Software Bundling Scam – A lot of file repositories that offers freeware are not trustworthy at all. Most of the offered freeware are carrier of potentially unwanted application (PUA) or adware and that may include Hidden Searcher app. For the most part, adware makers showcases their obtrusive projects by joining it to other free programs (freeware or shareware). In addition, there are applications that demands additional products for installation and Hidden Searcher could be available on that choices.
Malicious Advertisements – While viewing various sites online, web clients may occasionally experience various advertisements. Once in a while, there are ads that was made solely to spread malicious programs by showing deceiving contents to web users. Clicking these ads can result to installation unwanted application or adware, since certain promotions are configured to infuse malware on the computer through web scripts and executable files.
More on Hidden Searcher extension
Official web site Home.hiddensearcher.com is offering this application as a valuable browser extension that improves online browsing and search experience of web users. In any case, goals of adware makers are far different on how they promote the app. When Hidden Searcher is installed and active on the devices, it will start to show nosy ads like repetitive redirects, excessive pop-ups, unnecessary push notifications, links on search results pages, and campaign banners displaying on random section of web page.
Ads by Hidden Searcher can have monitoring modules, which help the attackers to pursue in extracting personal web user’s details. Such trackers could most likely incorporate internet cookies, IP address loggers, and tags onto infected browser application.
For security of computer system and browser programs, removing Hidden Searcher app as quickly as time permits is helpful in taking out danger from the computer. There are virus and malware scanners on this page that is valuable in finding and deleting harmful objects associated to Hidden Searcher.
Hidden Searcher Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the Adware from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting pop-ups and redirects.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of adware like Hidden Searcher through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Hidden Searcher, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Hidden Searcher adware including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Turn Off Sync on Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. In the address bar please type the following: chrome://settings/syncSetup
3. On Settings page, click the Turn off button to disable syncing Chrome settings between devices.
If in case that you don't want to stop syncing other sections like Apps, Bookmarks, History, Theme, and so on, please click on Manager what you sync. Next, select Customize sync. To successfully remove Hidden Searcher, you may disable only Apps and Extensions data. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Step 2 : Delete Hidden Searcher or Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Hidden Searcher. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove Hidden Searcher Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Hidden Searcher or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Hidden Searcher Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Hidden Searcher and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles are gone from the browser.
Remove Hidden Searcher from Windows (Internet Explorer or Edge Browser)
1. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
2. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
3. Select Hidden Searcher or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
If Hidden Searcher is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open Internet Explorer program.
5. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Hidden Searcher from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete the same object from Search Providers section.
7. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Hidden Searcher automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful virus and malware removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering adware like Hidden Searcher.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove adware like Hidden Searcher.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Hidden Searcher and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Hidden Searcher adware. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding procedures below.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Hidden Searcher on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces annoying pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Hidden Searcher.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Hidden Searcher. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Hidden Searcher. If the adware still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Hidden Searcher. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Hidden Searcher. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Hidden Searcher.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Hidden Searcher extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Hidden Searcher. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Hidden Searcher should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Hidden Searcher and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.