Hfilevideoconverter.com or My Video Converter is a browser hijacker affecting the functions of internet browser programs. It can penetrate into computers and cause misbehavior such as excessive pop-ups and redirects. Potentially unwanted program (PUP) like Hfilevideoconverter.com can track all the valuable information saved on the browser. Developers of Hfilevideoconverter.com can hold such private details and could possibly sell to cybercriminals.
A lot of changes may happen to the computer once infected with a browser hijacker. Hfilevideoconverter.com will modify the browser’s settings as soon as installed on the computer. The browser will start to operate far from the usual function. My Video Converter will designate its own Search.hfilevideoconverter.com to the browser’s home page, new tab page, and default search engine. The new web address will replace the common preferences on browser program. After that, various kinds of advertisements will exhibit on internet browser screen, which could interrupt the web users while surfing online. Ads might endorse malicious websites or any possible online scams. It is not advisable to access such ads because it might result into much serious computer infections.
Moreover, Hfilevideoconverter.com also triggers browser redirects. The infected browser might run pop-ups from compromised sites. Clicking the pop-ups intentionally could lead the browser to shift into another questionable web page. Thus, hijacked browser cannot operate accurately. Unexpected appearances on the browser can extremely affect online users’ browsing experience. Visibility to page contents reduces and the search results can be undependable. Moreover, Hfilevideoconverter.com adware can extra consume internet bandwidth that results that slows down page loading time.
Malware or adware can easily intrude unprotected computer systems. Browser hijackers like Hfilevideoconverter.com typically infect outdated web browsers. Developers bundled Hfilevideoconverter.com mostly on freeware. Free programs especially obtained from suspicious sites automatically entail unwanted programs like Hfilevideoconverter.com on the installation process. Computer users sometimes agree to install extra programs without understanding because they normally opt for “Default” setup process. Alternatively, some installers include Hfilevideoconverter.com without giving notice to online users. The best way to prevent such malicious intrusions is to check the programs before installing them. In addition, shield the computer with legitimate anti-malware or anti-virus software to block access to any kind of dubious websites.
Hfilevideoconverter.com Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting internet hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Remove Hfilevideoconverter.com from the PC by executing the steps below. Procedure for Mac is also available.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of adware like Hfilevideoconverter.com through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Hfilevideoconverter.com, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Hfilevideoconverter.com hijacker, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Delete Hfilevideoconverter.com or Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Hfilevideoconverter.com. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the Hfilevideoconverter.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Hfilevideoconverter.com or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the Hfilevideoconverter.com Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Hfilevideoconverter.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove Hfilevideoconverter.com from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select Hfilevideoconverter.com or a recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Hfilevideoconverter.com is still present on the browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the browser hijacker from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries for Hfilevideoconverter.com from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Hfilevideoconverter.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful virus and malware removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware; it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Hfilevideoconverter.com.
1. Download the Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the installation process.
3. On the first window of the installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch the Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. An internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove browser hijacker like Hfilevideoconverter.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for the presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Hfilevideoconverter.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Hfilevideoconverter.com browser hijacker. However, if you find that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding procedures below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Browser Hijacker with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with the AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Hfilevideoconverter.com on the browser that were not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for the presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produce annoying pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer, especially browsers affected by Hfilevideoconverter.com.
3. Browse to the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on the Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated with Hfilevideoconverter.com. It will also check for suspicious entries in browser settings.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of the detected threats.
In addition to the procedures above, resetting the affected browser program and clearing the cache are extra methods to completely eliminate Hfilevideoconverter.com. You can execute the guide on resetting internet browser below.
Procedures to Remove Hfilevideoconverter.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove the subject malicious browser extension from internet software. In the same manner, the procedure is helpful in stopping redirects, pop-ups, and browser hijacking activities.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
To remove Hfilevideoconverter.com from Mac, follow the steps below. Procedure for PC is also available.
- Quick Fix : Scan the Mac computer with the Combo Cleaner.
- Step 1 : Uninstall Hfilevideoconverter.com from the Applications folder.
- Step 2 : Remove malicious browser extensions.
- Step 3 : Delete Hfilevideoconverter.com files from your Mac computer.
- Step 4 : Run another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Step 5 : Delete Login items associated with Hfilevideoconverter.com.
- Optional : Manually reset internet browser settings.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser extension like Hfilevideoconverter.com that is responsible for displaying unknown homepage and pop-ups.
To quickly remove Hfilevideoconverter.com without going through the complicated process, please click on the button to download the removal tool. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat. The following guides are also vital in deleting malicious items from the browser configuration.
Step 1 : Delete Hfilevideoconverter.com from Mac Applications
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Hfilevideoconverter.com or any unwanted program.
4. Drag Hfilevideoconverter.com to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Hfilevideoconverter.com
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plug-ins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Hfilevideoconverter.com or any relevant item, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Hfilevideoconverter.com
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. It is normally an unfamiliar file name such as the following:
- My Video Converter, File Video Converter
On some occassions, the malware is represented by a domain name that is closely related to the subject. Like in this case, it can be Hfilevideoconverter.com with associated .com, .net, .org, and so on .
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Hfilevideoconverter.com to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
9. Repeat the process on the following non-hidden folders (without ~):
Optional : For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad and open Activity Monitor (Under Utilities or Other Folder).
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to Hfilevideoconverter.com browser extension or homepage hijacker.
Step 4 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including the Hfilevideoconverter.com malware and browser hijacker and pop-up provider.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Hfilevideoconverter.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 5 : Delete Hfilevideoconverter.com Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Hfilevideoconverter.com during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Hfilevideoconverter.com.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Hfilevideoconverter.com, , or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Hfilevideoconverter.com. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select , Hfilevideoconverter.com or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Hfilevideoconverter.com.
There's More... Reset Internet Browser Apps (PC and Mac)
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Hfilevideoconverter.com. The procedure below discusses on resetting various browsers to their default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extensions, such as Hfilevideoconverter.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty removing unwanted extensions.
1. Open the Google Chrome internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press the Enter key.
3. Click on Reset Settings on the sidebar and choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. On the confirmation window, click the Reset settings button to clear all entries for Hfilevideoconverter.com.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed the Hfilevideoconverter.com extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox that may be related to Hfilevideoconverter.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only a specific extension, please see the manual removal of add-ons from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on the Firefox web address and press Enter on the keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section in the upper-right corner of the screen stating, Give Firefox a tune-up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If a confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Hfilevideoconverter.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. On the address bar, please input edge://settings/reset and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Once you are on the Reset Settings page, click on Restore settings to their default values.
4. A confirmation window will appear; click on the Reset button to continue.
Your data, like favorites, bookmarks, and history, will remain in the browser. However, this process will delete add-ons by Hfilevideoconverter.com and other unknown objects.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On the Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on the Manage Website Data button.
5. Select an unwanted entry, like Hfilevideoconverter.com and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logged out of your most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise removing suspicious items one at a time to prevent changing your behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts you, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back in the Safari Preferences window, choose the Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to the Safari menu, choose Develop from the drop-down list, and click on Empty Caches.
10. The next thing to do is restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from Hfilevideoconverter.com.
11. Back in the Safari Preferences window, click on the General tab.
12. Under the Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to the Safari Preferences window and click on the Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search Engine section.
16. You may now restart the Safari browser.
Get rid of Hfilevideoconverter.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website, Hfilevideoconverter.com. It is taking advantage of the push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hfilevideoconverter.com are extra ordinary as they exceed the normal display volume, and are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hfilevideoconverter.com pop-ups will start to bombard the internet browser screen with pop-ups if a web user is deceived to click the “Allow” button, which triggers the said website to send a push notification. To stop Hfilevideoconverter.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On the Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under the "Sites that sent a lot of notifications" or "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Hfilevideoconverter.com.
3. Click Don't Allow beside Hfilevideoconverter.com. You may also click on the ellipses to reveal the options.
4. Please restart the Google Chrome browser.
1. On the Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press the Enter key:
2. Navigate below to the Permissions area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hfilevideoconverter.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes, and restart Mozilla Firefox. Check if Hfilevideoconverter.com pop-up is gone.
1. On the top menu, click on Safari, and then select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on the Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On the right panel, it will display a list of websites with the "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hfilevideoconverter.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart the Safari browser and see if the Hfilevideoconverter.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that the Edge browser is open, type the following in the address bar and hit Enter on your keyboard.
2. In the Settings, Site Permissions area, select Hfilevideoconverter.com from the list.
3. Click on the Options icon. See the image below.
4. Under the All Sites section, look for Notifications and select Block to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.