Hey-brazil.net is a malicious web domain that is associated with aggressive browser redirect operation currently affecting a number of internet browser programs. Its objective is to deliver unusual advertisements on the browser, which majority of the pages as unrelated to web user’s preference. There are two ways for Hey-brazil.net to appear on the computer and both are sure to cause troubles on the browser.
Hey-brazil.net wants to show notifications
This first instance of appearance by the website is seeking for web user’s permission to allow Hey-brazil.net to send notifications to default browser program. Actually, this prompt is common to almost all websites. However, the purpose of Hey-brazil.net publishers is indeed suspicious. Legitimate sites utilize the push notification feature to send website updates and news, while Hey-brazil.net may exploit it to flood the browser with pop-up ads. Unfortunately, majority of ads from Hey-brazil.net are encouragement to download malicious programs, visit suspicious sites, or fill up fraudulent surveys.
In the event that Hey-brazil.net constantly appears on the browser and homepage or search persistently redirects to mentioned corrupt URL, it could be due to adware infection. It may have injected a code on the browser that executes the redirects whenever web user is on a browsing session. If Hey-brazil.net pop-ups are appearing as tiny messages especially originating from the task bar or sidebar, the culprit could be the tampered list of websites that are permitted to send push notification.
Regardless of the cause, appearance of Hey-brazil.net on the browser is not healthy to internet browser as well as operating system. Thus, we encourage immediate removal of the malicious domain from browser settings. Guide to accomplish the complete removal of Hey-brazil.net pop-up is outlined on the next segment.
Steps to remove Hey-brazil.net pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hey-brazil.net. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hey-brazil.net are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hey-brazil.net pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hey-brazil.net from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Hey-brazil.net from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Hey-brazil.net.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hey-brazil.net list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hey-brazil.net from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Hey-brazil.net on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hey-brazil.net entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hey-brazil.net pop-up is gone.
Remove Hey-brazil.net from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hey-brazil.net.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Hey-brazil.net pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Hey-brazil.net on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hey-brazil.net from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Hey-brazil.net pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Hey-brazil.net from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Hey-brazil.net automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Hey-brazil.net that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Hey-brazil.net.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Hey-brazil.net and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Hey-brazil.net on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Hey-brazil.net.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Hey-brazil.net.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Hey-brazil.net from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Hey-brazil.net. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Hey-brazil.net.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Hey-brazil.net.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Hey-brazil.net is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Tutorial Video : Remove Hey-brazil.net Pop-up on Mac
Stopping Hey-brazil.net Pop-up on Mobile Devices
Aside from PC and Mac, Hey-brazil.net pop-ups and redirects can also affect browser programs on mobile phones like Android and iOS devices. To stop the annoying pop-ups and remove its source, please execute the procedures as stated here.
Steps to remove Hey-brazil.net pop-up on Android device
Please take note that the tutorial in removing Hey-brazil.net pop-ups from mobile devices contains automatic and manual procedures. If you are not a technical user, we recommend to follow the instant removal method to automatically stop Hey-brazil.net pop-ups from mobile device using a malware scanner.