Some people may accept HD Radio Player as useful tool for listening to online radio broadcast. What they do not know about this software is the risk that it may cause on the system. Computer security vendors deemed HD Radio Player potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to its unexpected installation of various adware. It has other variants in wild including Your Radio Now and InstantRadioPlay.
Aside from giving you access to a number of online radio stations, HD Radio Player is also endorsed as a tool to search for more broadcast channels. In fact, it will provide you with own search engine named Search.searchhdrp.com. Authors of this adware will attempt to engage majority of users into installing HD Radio Player into their computer. The reason behind this spread is to generate profit as victims keeps using the program. Aside from loading bunch of suspicious apps, HD Radio Player may issue pop-up ads and redirects. Both intend to bring-in revenue.
Almost every computer users who got HD Radio Player are unaware how it gets inside the computer. They didn’t know that this application is also an outcome of adware infection. HD Radio Player is spread as part of other malicious program that will install certain software into the system. It can get inside easily but removing or uninstalling the program is too complex. For this reason, we have provided a guide on this page to properly remove HD Radio Player including all hidden files and registry entries.
Once you have deleted this adware from the system, be sure to keep the computer safe by installing anti-malware product that is effective in blocking similar attacks. In addition, avoid downloading unknown and suspicious program that usually carries malware like HD Radio Player.
How to Remove HD Radio Player Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall HD Radio Player
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove HD Radio Player entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to HD Radio Player. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted HD Radio Player from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of HD Radio Player on the affected browser.