GreatSaver is categorized as potentially unwanted program or adware that arrives on the computer packed to another program. It is normally bundled to freeware or trialware that user may acquire from several web sites. When GreatSaver is installed, it will issue various ads, coupons and savings. This is also the main reason why the program was categorized as adware.
GreatSaver gets load on the computer as browser add-on or extension. It can partially take control of the browser by changing some settings. Some versions of this adware intend to override existing home page in order to promote more advertisements. Modifications carried out by the adware are usually without user’s approval. Thus, some people deemed GreatSaver as some kind of virus or malware.
The effects of this adware on the browser are very obvious, pop-up ads, coupons, and other online offers will appear once you start surfing the web. However, GreatSaver is most likely to show its influence on online shopping web sites.
As mentioned, GreatSaver is not a virus in technical aspects. Although, we still do not recommend having this program on your computer. Even though it is not damaging to your files, this program can do other things that is risky to your privacy. GreatSaver can monitor your web browsing habit and record vital data. Adware authors are keeping such information to serve relevant ads that intends to catch your attention.
Online Security Scanner Report for greatsaver.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Feb. 7, 2014|
|No Issues||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Feb. 7, 2014|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Feb. 7, 2014|
How to Remove GreatSaver
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall GreatSaver
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove GreatSaver entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to GreatSaver. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted GreatSaver from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of GreatSaver on the affected browser.