GreatSave4u is a malicious add-on or extension that targets Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox users, although, development of plug-in for Chrome users is on its way. This browser add-on was made to push advertisements on the computer. It provides annoying pop-up ads and sporadic browser redirects. Same with the previous version called Fun2Save, GreatSave4u adware also interrupts user’s browsing experience and overlay full-page ads on the screen.
Freeware or shareware are the main channel for deploying GreatSave4u extension. The adware is wrapped into free programs that can be in the form of movie player, tools, and Internet utilities. Once you install the program, GreatSave4u is likely to get loaded into the computer without user’s consent.
Once GreatSave4u is present, users will experience excessive pop-up ads on the computer. Browser redirecting to various web pages is also observed as long as the code exists. Some user reports that GreatSave4u is using various names in order to mislead victims and avoid the removal. Add/remove program of Windows is also not reliable when deleting this adware from the computer due to the non-existence of entries.
The only way to stop pop-up ads and issuance of banner is to delete add-on and other items linked to GreatSave4u. If you are not an expert in finding them manually, better resort to effective anti-malware program. It can find and delete malicious items from the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for GreatSave4u.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 23, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 23, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 23, 2015|
How to Remove GreatSave4u Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall GreatSave4u
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove GreatSave4u, GGreaTSave4U, GreATSaVE4U, GreatSAve4Ue, GreatSavE4UU, or GrEoatSave4U entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to GreatSave4u. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted GreatSave4u from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of GreatSave4u on the affected browser.