Greatmacsoft.pro is a suspicious web address that promotes a questionable Mac security and optimization tool called MacKeeper. The program exhibits aggressive pattern for online endorsement and aside from Greatmacsoft.pro, other intrusive web address that is associated to its operations are Cleaningformac.com and Fastermac.world. It is obvious from the content that main purpose for the publication of these sites is to market the program as valuable Mac utility. Hence, it was assesses by security experts as suspicious because of the intrusive approach to introduce the application to computer users. Mac users are normally redirected to Greatmacsoft.pro upon paying a visit to websites that runs malicious advertisements.
Some Mac users claims that Greatmacsoft.pro simply pop-ups on the computer once they open the internet browser application. In this case, an adware may have gotten inside via the installation of software bundles. The objective of this unidentified adware is to modify various internet settings to kick-off the pop-ups and redirects that aim to land user’s browser to Greatmacsoft.pro or any website with the same purpose of promoting the questionable security and optimization app.
Safari, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox are the usual target of this redirect. Therefore, if any of these browsers endlessly shows Greatmacsoft.pro either by pop-up or by redirect, the first thing to do is to scan the computer with virus and malware removal tools as stated on the procedures below. Running a thorough scan will also eliminate the unwanted extension from the browser program. Please execute the guide in exact order to make sure that no more malicious objects associated to Greatmacsoft.pro will be left inside the Mac computer.
Procedures to Remove Greatmacsoft.pro from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Greatmacsoft.pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Greatmacsoft.pro.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Greatmacsoft.pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Greatmacsoft.pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Greatmacsoft.pro. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Step 2 : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Greatmacsoft.pro. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Manage Website Data button.
5. Select unwanted entry like Greatmacsoft.pro and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logout from most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise to remove suspicious item one at a time to prevent changing behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back at the Safari Preferences window, choose Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to Safari menu, choose on Develop from the drop down list and click on on Empty Caches.
10. Next thing to do is to restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from Greatmacsoft.pro.
11. Back at the Safari Preferences window, click on General tab.
12. Under Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to Safari Preferences window and click on Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search engine section.
16. You may not restart Safari browser.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Greatmacsoft.pro. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Greatmacsoft.pro.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Greatmacsoft.pro extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Greatmacsoft.pro. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Greatmacsoft.pro should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Get rid of Greatmacsoft.pro Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Greatmacsoft.pro. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Greatmacsoft.pro are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Greatmacsoft.pro pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Greatmacsoft.pro from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Greatmacsoft.pro.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Greatmacsoft.pro list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Greatmacsoft.pro from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Greatmacsoft.pro entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Greatmacsoft.pro pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Greatmacsoft.pro.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Greatmacsoft.pro pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Greatmacsoft.pro from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.