GoEasyDirections Promos browser hijacker is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that infects computers and mainly targets web browsers to modify the settings and inject intrusive advertisements. The presence of GoEasyDirections Promos on computers could result in browser-related issues. Computer users might experience inconvenience while browsing the internet. Tolerating the infections of GoEasyDirections Promos could lead to more severe effects like additional adware or malware infection.
The operations of GoEasyDirections Promos will start by modifying the browser settings as soon as it enters the computer. GoEasyDirections Promos alters the homepage, new tab page, and the search engine of the browser and assigns its own web address. In this way, GoEasyDirections Promos can run numerous ads and pop-ups on the browser in able to generate revenue for its developers. Moreover, GoEasyDirections Promos can force web users to navigate into unfamiliar websites. The pop-ups usually represent the links or web address of the malicious sites. Pressing the pop-ups might lead to sudden browser redirection leading to web pages that computer users do not normally visit.
Aside from browser issues, GoEasyDirections Promos can also affect the privacy and security of computer users. Unwanted programs like this can track the browsing details of web users. It might threaten web user’s important data saved on the browser. Unfortunately, such collected information can reach cyber-criminals that can possibly use it for malicious intentions.
Browser hijackers like GoEasyDirections Promos infect the computers by several means. Developers markets this browser extension through shareware, freeware, intrusive ads, or software bundles. Either way, the effects of GoEasyDirections Promos on computers are still the same. Most of the time, computer users do not authorize the installation of GoEasyDirections Promos on the computer.
The reason is, there are malicious programs that incorporate GoEasyDirections Promos on the process without the computer user’s request. The installer will voluntarily include GoEasyDirections Promos but will not disclose that there is an extra program. Therefore, online users might not found out until the infections begin to bombard the browser with annoyances.
GoEasyDirections Promos Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to GoEasyDirections Promos.
Remove GoEasyDirections Promos Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find GoEasyDirections Promos or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall GoEasyDirections Promos Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to GoEasyDirections Promos and remove it from the browser.
Remove GoEasyDirections Promos Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of GoEasyDirections Promos from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If GoEasyDirections Promos is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select GoEasyDirections Promos or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of GoEasyDirections Promos on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by GoEasyDirections Promos.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to GoEasyDirections Promos.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like GoEasyDirections Promos.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like GoEasyDirections Promos.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to GoEasyDirections Promos and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from GoEasyDirections Promos
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If GoEasyDirections Promos is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete GoEasyDirections Promos
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete GoEasyDirections Promos, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by GoEasyDirections Promos and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. GoEasyDirections Promos should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove GoEasyDirections Promos from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.