Go Get Sport is a browser extension made specifically for Google Chrome browser. It claims to give you easy access to favorites sports web sites right at your new tab window and toolbar. Upon installation, Go Get Sport will change new tab and default search settings. The adware also adds some links on the home page and includes GoGetSport Toolbar on the menu, which it state as useful.
With thorough study, it was discovered that Go Get Sport is the source of excessive advertisements and browser redirect. In fact, this adware originates from ClientConnect, known maker of several potentially unwanted programs. Aside from pop-up ads, this adware also assigns Search.gogetsport.com as default home page and search tool.
Go Get Sport issues contextual ads in various formats. It may show pop-up ads, banners, in-line, redirects, or full-page endorsements. The safety of these ads is still in question. There are reports that malware authors are exploiting this ad campaign to distribute malware or adware. Thus, be cautious when clicking links delivered by Go Get Sport extension.
Removal of malicious program like Go Get Sport may be complicated when done without proper tools and efficient scanners. Plug-ins, files, and registry entries are just some part of this adware that cannot come off right away during normal virus scan. Therefore, you are not fully removing Go Get Sport through ordinary means. It may re-emerge once you restart the computer.
In order to remove Go Get Sport together with other adware that comes with it, we have provided a simple guide on this page. We recommend the use of various malware scanners to delete all hidden adware entities that were dropped on different location of your computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for gogetsport.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 28, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 28, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 28, 2016|
How to Remove Go Get Sport
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Go Get Sport
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Go Get Sport entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Go Get Sport. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Go Get Sport from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Go Get Sport on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Go Get Sport
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Go Get Sport. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Go Get Sport. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Go Get Sport extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Go Get Sport.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Go Get Sport should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Go Get Sport and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.