Go.bonefreeze.com is a homepage hijacker that is associated to a main program called BoneFreeze. Official website states that this tool is a unique software installer that improves software installation process. It is offered to both users and program developers. At first, Go.bonefreeze.com may appear like a valid search engine. However, after thorough inspection and based on user’s confession, it is perceived that Go.bonefreeze.com has all the traits to be in the list of potentially unwanted program (PUP).
This homepage hijacker typically sneaks onto the browser by bundling itself to freeware and shareware. User never demands for it. Go.bonefreeze.com employs forcible entry on browser programs using unwanted extension, which is also responsible for the invasion of homepage, new tab, and default search engine settings. Therefore, take extra caution when downloading programs. As much as possible, avoid obtaining freeware from suspicious websites.
People behind Go.bonefreeze.com deliberately took over various configuration of the browser and take advantage of this situation to gain online profit. This can be achieved by displaying paid links on search result pages of Go.bonefreeze.com. Moreover, this adware can also be monetized by delivering internet traffic to partner’s web pages. This is the reason why users keep on experiencing browser redirection during the existence of Go.bonefreeze.com.
To stop the irregularities cause by this unwanted search tool, all you have to do is remove the associated browser extension. Then, scanning the computer with suggested tool is advise to find and delete malicious objects that belongs to Go.bonefreeze.com.
Online Security Scanner Report for go.bonefreeze.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: April 08, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: April 08, 2018|
Go.bonefreeze.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the browser hijacker from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most homepage hijacker and redirects are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Go.bonefreeze.com.
Remove Go.bonefreeze.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Go.bonefreeze.com or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Go.bonefreeze.com and remove it from the browser.
Delete Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Go.bonefreeze.com or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
Remove Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Go.bonefreeze.com from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Go.bonefreeze.com is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Go.bonefreeze.com or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Go.bonefreeze.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Go.bonefreeze.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Go.bonefreeze.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Remove Go.bonefreeze.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
Preceding steps may have removed Go.bonefreeze.com from the browser already. This next procedure is needed to double-check that browser is free from any adware remnants especially from Go.bonefreeze.com. Avast Browser Cleanup is a free tool that restores the browser to its initial, clean state. It will get rid of annoying browser extensions, toolbars, and search hijackers.
1. Click the link below to download this free tool.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. To run the installer, please double-click the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. Run the tool to start analyzing the browsers. It will state whether browser is free from threats or cleanup is needed. Perform suggested cleanup if the tool found suspicious extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins.
4. If Avast Browser Cleanup verifies if you want to permanently delete suspicious entries, click Yes to proceed with the removal of Go.bonefreeze.com.
Stage 4: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Go.bonefreeze.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Go.bonefreeze.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Go.bonefreeze.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Go.bonefreeze.com
Not all browser hijackers are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Go.bonefreeze.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Remove Go.bonefreeze.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset Google Chrome’s home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Go.bonefreeze.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also use Chrome Cleanup feature for advance scanning. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Go.bonefreeze.com and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Go.bonefreeze.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Go.bonefreeze.com from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. On top menu, click Tools, and then Internet Options. It will open a new window.
3. Select Advanced tab. See image below.
4. On Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button to start the restoration procedures.
This process will not affect browsing history, bookmarks, and favorites. Add-ons and other integrated codes will be deleted including those that are linked to Go.bonefreeze.com. If you choose to perform the procedure manually, please view instructions here.