gis.driveropen.net is a home to an advertising platform that intends to display excessive ads on the computer. It targets known browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Some security programs identify this threat as an adware due to its main payload of adding its code into shareware plus ad-related functions.
Normally, adware like gis.driveropen.net are wrapped to third-party programs that are offered on some download web site. Downloading and installing the program likewise installs the adware without seeking for user’s approval. Although gis.driveropen.net focuses on serving ads, no one can assure that it will not exceed this function. You must be aware that in order for an adware to display ads within user’s interest, it needs to collect data on the computer. It also records browsing habit and keywords while you are doing online search.
According to computer user’s that was attack by gis.driveropen.net virus, the page pop-up several times when any link is clicked. On Chrome and Firefox, gis.driveropen.net new window will open even without user’s command. Pop-up normally display full page ads coming from various URL of the said domain. This only proves that it tries to evade security programs by projecting random ads from several addresses.
Online Security Scanner Report for gis.driveropen.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Dec. 10, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Dec. 10, 2013|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Dec. 10, 2013|
gis.driveropen.net Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to gis.driveropen.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove gis.driveropen.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted gis.driveropen.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of gis.driveropen.net on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with gis.driveropen.net. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to gis.driveropen.net.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. gis.driveropen.net should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by gis.driveropen.net and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.